10+ Year Member
whats in the door?

DetainedCivic

I haz SR20
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
buff4lo said:
whats in the door?
haha I get that a lot. Its the crossover for the component speakers in the doors. The other crossover for the rear deck speakers is mounted in the trunk. The stereo system in the car sounds really nice an clear. I am selling the car with the oem honda stereo with code. The car will remain wired for an amp. I have a 12in polk momo sub in the back with a phoenix gold amp. Sounds really good. The components are really crisp and clear. Who ever buys the car will only have to add a headunit and if they want an amp/sub to have a nice setup. There is also a distribution block in the back to hook up to I believe 4 amps. I was planning on running two amps, one for the sub and one for the components, just never got around to doing it.

DetainedCivic

I haz SR20
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
88_CRX_YUK said:
8200 is a bit high but GL..my buddy is sellin his 00 si for like 6000..
Mine is priced average. I have a clean title in hand with clean carfax also. I am the second owner of the car.

88_CRX_YUK

5+ Year Member
Its just people know they can get an ex and a swap for less so why buy yours when they can just build there own for about half the price. Not trying to be a d**k just saying.. but still good luck

ShinsenTuner

CC's Youngest OG
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
8200 isn't outrageous... 6000 for an Si is just giving it away

DetainedCivic

I haz SR20
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
88_CRX_YUK said:
Its just people know they can get an ex and a swap for less so why buy yours when they can just build there own for about half the price. Not trying to be a d**k just saying.. but still good luck
Come on why is it everytime there is a car for sale that has a swap in it people gotta low ball and say I can build it for less. Prove it.
A stock civic ex with 120,000 miles on is
Private Party is $6200
Retail is $7500
Ok so lets take my car. These are just rounded figures. Say you bought an EX for $6000, taken whats on my car $600 exhaust, $150 free flow cat, $2250 for swap, $80 ngk wires/plugs, $300 for exedy clutch, $60 short shifter, 2sets of component speakers $300, short ram intake $70, rear disc conversion with si ebrake cable $300, Wheels/tires I won't even add that in, eibach springs $150. Lip kit/foglights/grill $400, cf hood $500. Not to mention the time and labor involved if you don't know how to do this yourself, which all work has been performed by me. Do the math. Not trying to be mean but the car is mint for a 99 with 120,000 miles on the chassis. 41,000 on the motor swap. It has everything a SI does except the high insurance and I don't have the SI seats. I paid $9000 for the car 5years ago with 71,000 miles on it I have put roughly 50,000miles on it since I have owned it. The car sat for a year in my garage waiting for a motor swap. I am the 2nd owner of the car, clean carfax I even have the info of the previous owner and where she bought it from. This car has never seen the track and rarely is in vtec. The time and money in the car I am asking to low of a price. I can tell you exaclty what problems I have had the car and what to expect out of the car. The car has been adult driven all of its life and you don't have to worry about things being rigged up. I think I have explained myself enough. There are people out there that don't know how to swap motors and don't want the high insurance payment you get with an SI. Plus seeing that mine doesn't look like an SI not a lot of people suspect the dohc vtec swap in it.

Status
Not open for further replies.