full back tattoo with sides an front

boosted to 26ps

#1 wrecker builder
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
soooo as a memorial to my mom (an dad when his time comes) I decided to get a tattoo. well its an anime angel, which is the full back with her wings wrapping around to my front, so it looks like the wings are holding me. my final artwork is done an I got my outline appointment set for the 8th of september.

the outline is estimated will take bout 3-3 1/2 hours. then coloring an detail work will take roughly 8 to 9 months maybe longer. which includes detail in the wings, coloring (which the full back will be color) an misc details in the background. also in the ribbon that is interwoven in her left hand/fingers, each end is designated to my parents. but instead of generic lettering, im using my moms actual signature. ill have pics up after the 8th including pics of it actually bein done an final look after the outline..

subscribe if you want... this tattoo is huge as f**k an goin to be an endeavor for me.. hope you guys will like it, an will respect the fact that this is for someone who I lost to cancer on short notice as well as a parent

Bheims

Bustin windows outcha car
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
do you have any other tats or will this be your first one? It seems a little extreme to me but that is just my personal preference, I think angel wings are for ladies.

I appreciate the motive behind it, parents are/should be some of the most important people in our lives

boosted to 26ps

#1 wrecker builder
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
no this is my 5th one... it is a little extreme but my mom ment a lot to me.. an from the time we found out til she died was only 2 months, so you can imagine the amount of stress that put me through, since I was the only one dealing with it an her. it is a really sweet tattoo... as of the wings, yeah I understand that but mom liked angels.

vjf915

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
Sweet, I like big tattoos. Definitely in for pics of the outline.

I plan on getting something done on my back, angel on the back of my left shoulder, devil on the back of my right. I dont know if I would call it anime, more cartoonish though.

raz18

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I agree w/ the post about the beiong extreme. I dont know man, can you show a picture of what you have in mind. I seems based off words and discription alone, that it wont look good...no hate, just saying.

boosted to 26ps

#1 wrecker builder
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
no not showing the artwork since its my own personal design, an I wanna keep it unique to me only... just my preference. but I will have photos of while its being done as well as afterwards on the outline.

no it looks good, trust me everyone that has seen it agrees, that its sweet as hell. just wait

oc_civic

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
no not showing the artwork since its my own personal design, an I wanna keep it unique to me only... just my preference. but I will have photos of while its being done as well as afterwards on the outline.

no it looks good, trust me everyone that has seen it agrees, that its sweet as hell. just wait
JUST being honest.. something to think about..

If someone I was friends with mom just died.. and he showed me a picture of a pink bunny and said "my mom loved pink bunnies I am getting this as a full back piece" I would NOT tell him that it looks stupid because of the situation.. people you are talking to are VERY UNLIKELY to tell you it is a dumb idea because they are doing the normal human thing.. and that is to be sensitive to your feelings.. getting a tattoo to remember your mom by is totally reasonable.. in fact its a great idea.. getting a giant anime angel wrapping around you is going to look a little fruity.. on a guy that is.. NOT talking s**t JUST being honest.. I am also "in for pics"

boosted to 26ps

#1 wrecker builder
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
yeah oc that I understand, it does look a little... well femmy, but im into anime also so that's why its an anime piece. but, then again I like it lol...

oc_civic

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
yeah oc that I understand, it does look a little... well femmy, but im into anime also so that's why its an anime piece. but, then again I like it lol...
but will you like it at 35? 45? 60? I fully understand it has meaning and that is great.. it is awesome to have ink that means something.. but think about it.. you are 35.. you are dating this awesome girl.. she sleeps over.. and wakes up in the morning and you have a GIANT cartoon girl on your back wrapping around your entire body.. good luck catching her to explain before she jumps out the window.. while I totally dig tattoos.. I LOVE THEM.. I think that you can create something that memorializes the situation without being so ridiculous.. the measure of her memory is NOT reflected by the size of the tattoo, but instead measured by the place she takes up in your heart... the memories.. get something that you can look at.. and think of her.. but if I were you I would NOT wrap my entire upper torso in a cartoon angle to remind me of my mom.. because to be blunt.. its kind of weird..

oc_civic

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
at the end of the day it is your s**t.. and if you want to do that by all means go for it.. but I would really reconsider..

PhntmSk8r

H23VTEC
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I think OC hit the nail on the head.

I can completely respect your decision and understand your reasoning, but it may not be the best idea for long term conditions.

Kataku

HAYOO
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Just a quick question, since we can't see it.

Is the angel facing out from your back? Because if she is, and you plan to have the wings "wrapped around" your torso to your front like she's holding you, it's going to be pretty much anatomically incorrect, as wings don't "wrap" backwards.

Maybe I'm just misunderstanding your description, but just want to make sure you think it out completely.

vjf915

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
Just a quick question, since we can't see it.

Is the angel facing out from your back? Because if she is, and you plan to have the wings "wrapped around" your torso to your front like she's holding you, it's going to be pretty much anatomically incorrect, as wings don't "wrap" backwards.

Maybe I'm just misunderstanding your description, but just want to make sure you think it out completely.
It says Hayoo under your name, not "Angel Expert".

Robin...

D-Series Soldier
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I think OC hit the nail on the head.

I can completely respect your decision and understand your reasoning, but it may not be the best idea for long term conditions.
x2...

vjf915

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
Not gonna lie, not a bad comeback.

In for pics.

Ej8Kid

Too Much Traction
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Maybe a small angel? or your mother's signature tatted on the side of your neck?

oc_civic

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Maybe a small angel? or your mother's signature tatted on the side of your neck?
AWESOME CALL! the upside to a good neck tattoo is it will really aid in landing a good job! no room for regret there!

vjf915

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
Agreed. Honestly if you cant hide your tattoos when you wear a long sleeve shirt, no turtle neck......then you made some bad decisions.