Gas Mileage

JSWhaler

5+ Year Member
Yes, I know gas mileage will vary depending on driving style. Yet I'm still wondering how many miles I can get out of my dx civic hatch. I usually fill up around 300 miles. The gas guage reads just over the red. MPG = 34-39 depending on traffic/ driving style. What are you guys getting. When the gas light goes off opprox. how many miles do you have to fill up. The gas tank is approx 10 gallons correct?

LowNotSlow

Aqua Teen Christmas Force
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
11.9 gallons dude. I fill up at around 350 with my EX.

krayziejcs

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
currently I have 305 miles on my em1 and it has about a quater tank left, too bad its at the body shop :(

Zak8022

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i usually get 28-32 mpg... around 300 miles to a tank. my car tends to have trouble starting when its down under 1/4 of a tank, so thats usually when i fill it up. i dont let it get that close to empty.

Goodmayn

5+ Year Member
Zak8022 said:
i usually get 28-32 mpg... around 300 miles to a tank. my car tends to have trouble starting when its down under 1/4 of a tank, so thats usually when i fill it up. i dont let it get that close to empty.
thats good, if you let it get too low you'll damage your fuel pump.... i get about 270 a tank, but that's stop and go city driving,,, i'll post my times for the highway this weekend when i head to atlanta

c_diddy

drove through a tree
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i get about 290-300 on 9 gallons, mostly city. oh, i tend to be a granny shifter too, that'll save you a lot of gas.

Zak8022

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
c_diddy said:
i get about 290-300 on 9 gallons, mostly city. oh, i tend to be a granny shifter too, that'll save you a lot of gas.
i dont think i ever did figure out wtf that really means. oh well... topic for another thread.

c_diddy

drove through a tree
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Zak8022 said:
i dont think i ever did figure out wtf that really means. oh well... topic for another thread.
what do you mean? about granny shifting?

bmoua

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
i'm getting pretty good gas mileage in my Y8..all i have is a DIY CAI...example i can drive a good 2hrs going around 75-85 mph and my gas wont even burn a 1/3 of my gas....pretty good....but once i get onto the streets....man...sucks..

Blazed

f**k The Powers That B
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
bmoua said:
i'm getting pretty good gas mileage in my Y8..all i have is a DIY CAI...example i can drive a good 2hrs going around 75-85 mph and my gas wont even burn a 1/3 of my gas....pretty good....but once i get onto the streets....man...sucks..
that is no way of accurately telling how much gas u jus used ;)

Grendel

Banned
18 mpg
city/hard driving

your tank is 11.9 as stated and most cars try to get a 350 mile trip range.

LowNotSlow

Aqua Teen Christmas Force
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
my 96 LX I could get 400 miles out of a tank easily. I miss that car.

Rouge1

5+ Year Member
ever since i had to change my EACV on my 00 Si my gas mileage has dropped way down i can only get 220 miles to a full tank now :( and thats not driving it hard before i was getting about 280 to tank full

Audz

persian princess
5+ Year Member
i get 220 when i boost alot.. if i stay in vacuum its around 250

imbcruz

ItsMeBraulio!!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
I get like 240 on a full tank.