Gas tank leak

marneli10

Registered VIP
I barly noticed I had a gas tank leak it seems it only leaks when the car is facing down hill im not sure if its from the top or the middle where the top tank and da bottom one well my question is do I have to replace the intire tank or just buy a gasket if it has one if any one can help me out please need to get it repared asap thank you

JCCLARK

The Painter
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
You'll have to identify where the leak is to answer that question.
There are connections on top the tank, if it's there it probably can
be fixed easily, but you'll have to pull the tank.
If it's the tank, then you'll probably have to replace it, but that's rare.

Gunner

Registered VIP
pull your back seat, there should be a spot to get to the top of your tank (where your fuel pump is) and see if it is leaking around there, otherwise you are gonna need an inspection mirror and put your car on the hill to see where the leak is coming from.

marneli10

Registered VIP
I already tryd looking for it by pulling the back seats off but it doesnt seem to be around there im going to take it to the shop to let them check it out hope it isnt the tank if it has a hole ill have to replace it right will any civic tank fit or it has to be a hatch

miguelY

It is possible that the reason for your gas leak is the rust in the strap of your gas tank. To fix that you must change its strap. If I'm right and your problem is really the rust in the gas tank strap then your car condition is like the Ford trucks' that why it is being recalled by this time by Ford auto company. Just last Monday Ford announced a recall of 1.1 million trucks. The recall contains many F-150 models, the best-selling in the U.S. The automaker points out rust of gas tank straps for the recall. If the gas tank falls, there's a risk of fire. I found this here: Ford recalls 1.1 million pickups for fuel tank issues. I hope this would help.