Gaskets

Szady

D-Series Master
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Anyone ever used eBay gaskets? Specifically JIS? I was looking thru eBay, and came across these. Anyone ever had any experience with these? Theyre really cheap, price wise, which almost scares me away. I know you get what you pay for, but I need the gaskets to get my motor together. Ive used Felpro alot before, since thats what the local parts store stocks. Thoughts?

This is what Im mainly looking at.:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ACURA-INTEGRA-90-95-B18A1-B18B1-HEAD-GASKET-SET-HHSB18_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQ_trksidZp1742Q2em153Q2el1262QQcategoryZ33667QQihZ024QQitemZ370102130722QQtcZphoto

guwakjai010

Dr Tai tai
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
DONT DO IT... never buy ebay gasket or internal parts... they suck and they break.... bottom line

96swpdEK

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
i personally dont think id risk it.

it would suck to cheap out on such a little thing and have that ruin your motor. id just stick with the felpro gaskets, ive never had any problems with them.

henkz0r

Unobtanium Member
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I would personally never, ever, ever-ever use a graphite head gasket. MLS ONLY. I'll use Felpro in an emergency. But if I'm building a engine, it's OE only. Do you really want your motor to fail because you skimped $50 on gaskets?

Beelzebubba

SubGenius Member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
OE is overpriced and more often than not of lower quality than premium aftermarket.

Graphite is really only necessary in engines like the Neon 2.0, Toyota 3.4, and Ford Essex 3.8. It wasn't OE that solved those problems. It was the automotive aftermarket

I recommend Victor-Reinz DANA or Federal Mogul Fel-Pro.

You can use lower cost Detroit or McCord for less critical gaskets and seals. But head gasket should be a DANA or Fel-Pro. And the Head Set is usually only a little more than the head gasket itself.