Gauge cluster question

Billy.

Has returned ;-)
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
just curious really.. will a 96-00 LX manual gauge cluster fit a 00 EM1 and function correctly?

PhntmSk8r

H23VTEC
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
wont look the same, and i dont think the DX's have the rpm portion of the cluster

Billy.

Has returned ;-)
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
wont look the same, and i dont think the DX's have the rpm portion of the cluster
i think i could make some money by selling my Si cluster and replacing it with the LX cluster. i think i would enjoy watching my rpms max out the tach and speedo as an added bonus :shock: :lol:
i just need to make sure its plug-and-play. this is what i had in mind: its an LX cluster with tachometer for $25 shipped

umair

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
i think i could make some money by selling my Si cluster and replacing it with the LX cluster. i think i would enjoy watching my rpms max out the tach and speedo as an added bonus :shock: :lol:
ricer.;)

enycesam

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
i think it should fit. if people go from lx, ex to Si clusters, and thats just plug and play, then i dont see why it wont.

Suanico

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
it would look really cheap to downgrade but if you need money i guess you can sell the si cluster for $200 and make some money, i wouldn't

Billy.

Has returned ;-)
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
i think it should fit. if people go from lx, ex to Si clusters, and thats just plug and play, then i dont see why it wont.
:word:
So does that mean I get to have your Si cluster?;)
we shall see ;)
it would look really cheap to downgrade but if you need money i guess you can sell the si cluster for $200 and make some money, i wouldn't
sometimes sacrifices must be made for the better good of your wallet :cry:

cole

holding monster
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
arent all the cluseters for 6th gen plug and play

jonmaltese6thg

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
seriouisly i wish i had an SI cluster i love the red gauges,, as for downgrading to watch the needle go deeper is kinda stupid if u ask me

Billy.

Has returned ;-)
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
seriouisly i wish i had an SI cluster i love the red gauges,, as for downgrading to watch the needle go deeper is kinda stupid if u ask me
"downgrading" because im pressed for cash so if i can make $150 by swapping clusters then maybe i will

your judging me for thinking it would be fun to watch the tach max out, yet you want an Si cluster b/c it has red gauges :what:. get a clue.

PhntmSk8r

H23VTEC
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
If you really wanna downgrade, id suggest an LS cluster swap.

Looks soo much better then the OE civic cluster.

Ill have pics up of my freshly installed LS cluster swap tomorrow.

Suanico

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
If you really wanna downgrade, id suggest an LS cluster swap.

Looks soo much better then the OE civic cluster.

Ill have pics up of my freshly installed LS cluster swap tomorrow.
post the wiring diagram too =) im considering the same, i think they look better than the gsr ones

civic98turbo

I'm back ....
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
i'd say if you wanna see the needle commit suicide on the tach....why not do it on a Si cluster.. then you would be hitting 9500....just a thought

cole

holding monster
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i'd say if you wanna see the needle commit suicide on the tach....why not do it on a Si cluster.. then you would be hitting 9500....just a thought
he has an si cluster already, he wants to sell it

Billy.

Has returned ;-)
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
b/c at 9500 rpms it wouldnt be the needle committing suicide, it would be my engine block :lol:

again, im not wanting to change clusters to max out the gauges, im looking to make money off the swap. thats priority numero uno

*EDIT*
and the question was answered sooo [/thread]

thanks for your replies