Genuine Rolla

Its PETEY PETE, y0!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
We're genius' :lol:

I was looking at the grounds and figured...the tranny ground was the one that we didn't clean off yet.

Cleaned it off...now it runs like a champ. We're wiring up vtec right now, bolt on the fenders, headlights, etc and take it for a ride.

enycesam

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Glad to hear it's up and running!

EastCoastEK

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
GREAT THREAD! Just found this. So awesome. Sorry to hear about the engine blowing.
However, looks like it spawned some monumental progress to your ride.

I miss VTEC. Enjoy!

Post completed bay pics when you get a chance. We are all anxious to see a "visual" of the completed front end/bay. I'm anxious to see my front end come together as well.

Congrats and GREAT work GR!

Genuine Rolla

Its PETEY PETE, y0!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
This whole "Journey" has taken a total of 19 days, from start to finish. Thanks to all who have checked out my thread, offered comments, suggestions, answers and encouragement. I can't say enough how much I really appreciate it. I drove home at 9pm tonight, feels great to have my car back.

Engine runs like a champ. I'm loving the new clutch and flywheel. I'm still getting used to it, I'm sure it'll take a while longer to get used to driving it. The motor mount inserts are dope and I highly recommend them :thumbs up.

A big thanks to Jay's Bays, Ant & Shaun for pulling the engine, helping me clean up the bay, painting it and dropping in the new engine and doing the wire tuck. Huge thanks to James for letting us use the tools and garage time. That was big help for sure. Made things much easier to do. If the rain keeps off for a lil bit more, i'ma get my lighting gear and get some legit photo's of the "new" bay, etc. Those will be posted, along with the shots that were taken tonight.

Thanks again everyone..!

JDMneeds

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
right now i'm just getting some generic headers. Just something to hold me over....:what: I don't need anything special.
das coo... u ever thought of heat wrapping?

also... where did you mount ur HID ballasts?

cant wait for the pix of the finished product!

Genuine Rolla

Its PETEY PETE, y0!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
If the rain keeps off for a lil bit more, i'ma get my lighting gear and get some legit photo's of the "new" bay, etc. Those will be posted, along with the shots that were taken tonight.
:cool:

started to rain more so...tomorrow i'll get those finished shots for all of you guys.

I mounted one hid fender in the ballast and the other one behind the bumper support. Can't see any of the wiring for them in the bay.

vid_man

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
nice progress u made dude cant wait to see those finished pics... f$*#kin rain

Genuine Rolla

Its PETEY PETE, y0!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Here's the pics:

FINISHED

Last edited:

ImportFan1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Hell yeah. Congrats man.

matt96ex

3 pedals ftw
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
nice work man, congrats! so how is it will all 5 of those inserts? my buddy only has ONE in and it feels like his dash is gonna fall out lol. can't imagine all 5..bet its nice to drive your car again!

anfrey

OG スバリスト
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
hell yeah petey!!!

mark, look at aim

oddeb707

R.I.P Stephen Jackson
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i bet you're lovin that z6 tranny

Genuine Rolla

Its PETEY PETE, y0!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
nice work man, congrats! so how is it will all 5 of those inserts? my buddy only has ONE in and it feels like his dash is gonna fall out lol. can't imagine all 5..bet its nice to drive your car again!
FRICKIN' STIFF :lol: I start it up and i feel like i'm driving a race car and I should have some racing seats with harnesses...haha..its crazy. I like it though, makes the engine feel more responsive.
hell yeah petey!!!

mark, look at aim
:thumbup:
i bet you're lovin that z6 tranny
definitely, i'm still getting used to the gearing, etc.
Hell yeah. Congrats man.
:thumbs up

Genuine Rolla

Its PETEY PETE, y0!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
:rolf:

Its alive..!! hah... Everything runs great, I just gotta replace the thermostat today. The one that came in the z6 is stuck open. This morning i'm going to get a new one and it'll finally be able to run at operating temperature.