Getting new tires and need some help....

xsubxwooferx

5+ Year Member
I have a 95 civic with 2000 civic si wheels (as I was told) and the tires on it are 195/60/15. Its also on stock suspension. I was wanting to know the best looking tire size for this setup? I was thinking 195/50/15?. I would go 205 but I think that would look like s**t with stock suspension.

Here is pic of car..

98civb18c

Banned
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Going from 195/60/15 to 195/50/15 will make the sidewall height smaller (lower profile) I'm doing the same thing with mine. 205's are waaay too wide for the oem si wheels. Only problem with going to a smaller sidewall height is that your speedo will be off. With a smaller tire you'll be reading faster on the speedo then your actually going.

get some oem tails, and lower it. Look alottt better.

lethal6

Your Mom's Moderator
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
If you are on stock suspension it will make the gap between the tire and the wheel well larger. Depends on your definition of "a bad thing". To me, I want the gap smaller, not larger. Only way to achieve that, and not have it looking like the tires should be on a truck, is to lower the car.

If I were in your case and didn't have the money to lower the car, I would stay with the size you have instead of widening the gap. Then again, 60 to 50 series more than likely isn't going to yield that much of a difference. Most people probably wouldn't even notice.