getting rid of a car with a loan, and the loan....help

bud6770

Your mom has vtec
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Lol, cant drive one and wont let you teach her? thats how my girl is. But yea it just sounds like your stuck with the loan. Are you able to trade the car private party? if so trade for the car you want and continue paying the loan. That would be one problem taken care of.

Steven.

Formally Green 91
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Bro, when everyone's talking about wrecking it and your saying I still have the loan etc... that's what the insurance is for..... Call and talk to your insurance agent and tell him y'all are worried about it and if something were to happen would it pay off the loan you have on the car or just the car VALUE. That's a big difference in your case and if it's just the value then you need to do something about your insurance anyway because in that case an accident will severely f**k you up. Might not want to call YOUR insurance agent though, might look suspicious if it was wrecked a month or so later. Don't be so hard headed or closed minded. You came asking for advice. And honestly you are in a really bad position. This is exactly the reason I will never buy a brand new car. Also makes me thankful that I've built up $7000 in equity JUST from the cars I've owned and sold. Wish the best to you and your girl but some mistakes just can't be fixed. But like everyone else has said go talk to a financial advisor or a lawyer or some different banks, be honest with them and tell them your situation.
Good luck bro

my name is not on any of the paperwork for the car or loan, so i dont really have to worry about it, she does, but i am obligated to help figure it out.
i personally will never buy a new car, im scared to, i know my insurance will be outrageous and payment too.

but i will tell her about all the info gained here, so she can try and call around.

Lol, cant drive one and wont let you teach her? thats how my girl is. But yea it just sounds like your stuck with the loan. Are you able to trade the car private party? if so trade for the car you want and continue paying the loan. That would be one problem taken care of.
no she wants to learn, my suabru is just to much of a beater, the shifter is so sloppy i dotn want her to try to learn and get frustrated because it wont go into gear. lol

the car is only work $3200 says kelly blue book, her loan is still $8000 so we will still owe the money! thats what we are trying to get rid of, both the pos car and the loan.

you cant trade a car or sell it with out the title, since it has a loan, the bank has the title..

Cod Man

1.7 60'
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
That's not going to happen at all unless the buyer is a complete moron. The bank has the title and the buyer won't have the title until the loan is paid off. Good idea but sadly it doesn't work that way. It's not his car to sell or trade, it's the banks realistically.

I'm having a hard time selling my S as well because of the same reasons. Everyone that wants it can't get a freaking loan and wants to just make payments to me. Right...... "You'll have the title and know where the car is all the time and if I miss one payment you can take it back... blah blah blah" :lol:
Yeah... while your in another state de-vinning my car and parting it out. :rolf:

AllStockHatch

Unregistered User
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
kinda what we are doing, sometimes i feel its unsafe to let her drive, but she cant drive a 5 speed so oh well lol.
So is everyone changing their name to their real name? hahaha, LOL

Anyways, im sure you could teach her how to drive a 5 speed. Ive taught a few people how. She has to understand it would help her in the long run if she did know how.

Cod Man

1.7 60'
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
yeah, i meant her instead of you :lol: I'm glad my parents never let me do some of the stupid things I wanted to now haha

wait... are you Green??? lulz

Steven.

Formally Green 91
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member

Anyways, im sure you could teach her how to drive a 5 speed. Ive taught a few people how. She has to understand it would help her in the long run if she did know how.
i will teach her, when we were ready to do it, it f**king snowed 2 foot. :lol:

K-N-2-EK

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
f**k the credit report. quit paying it...BAD CREDIT or KEEP PAYING a 240 a month bullshit when your both unhappy..
theres people who get paid to help you with bad credit..they get you straight after a few months...its easy.
quit paying and save up..seriously!

Chris.

Stickin' it to the man
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member

its 2010 man... people who have been on this site forever im pretty sure dont care about giving thier name out.

i mean... its not like the folks here are going to track us down to beat us up or steal something. i dont mind giving my first name out... hell.. when you sell something.. .your names need to be exchanged to ship something... so ... whats the big deal...