GF got her MR DX painted

DarkCreep

D16Y8+T
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
The paint was was showing its age and she needed her fender painted. $150 for the fender, $450 for the whole car with a 3 year warranty.

We did the whole car!
Its a MR DX. We painted the handles, mirrors and license plate bezel. They also painted the stock grill, OEM Si grill and OEM Si spoiler at no charge.

The paint came out decent. It looks very nice from the POV that most people will see it at, but up close it shows its small defects. It was worth the $450, but they did a HORRIBLE job at masking. Her engine bay has red overspray on it, hubcaps got over spray, radiator, wheel wells etc.

Overall it looks nice though. Cant wait to take my car there and get my hatch painted.

And her Si's that I got her for her early birthday present.

They painted the DX grill ALL RED except for the Honda badge. I like how it came out so I slapped it on my hatch. I am going to buy a replica grill, get it painted with my car, then swap her for grills. She doesnt appreciate OEM as much as I do.

I also did her sidemarkers, and Goldline springs today.

Opinions?

The Russian

Mugen Wannabe
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Very nice! ^_^

Awesome colour and nice gloss on it too, though with a new colour its expected haha. Looks awesome! ^_^

edit: Maybe the honda spoiler for a christmas present next? hehe, would look good on her DX

fuck_n civic

N/A IS BEST
5+ Year Member
yo bro ur car looks like mind except mines a hatch:D also repainted 1 week ago..since i got into a minor accident last month:(...but its been repainted:D...

SiGSR

yeaaaay.
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Doesn't look bad. Where did you guys take it to?

EK|B

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Looks great, I don't like how they painted the lower grille area and the parts where the fog lights go. Did you take it to Maaco? Or was it a local shop?

You should of told them to paint the side moldings and skirts too.

Szady

D-Series Master
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
For $450, you get what you pay for(overspray, not masking things off, ect). Thats dirt cheap for a paint job. From the pics it looks damn good.

Jas0nEK

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Looks pretty good, but I'd be mad about the overspray. Like it takes more than a couple minutes to bag off wheels. I hope when you take yours in, you're on steelies. I'd hate to see good rims get spritzed.

DarkCreep

D16Y8+T
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
yo bro ur car looks like mind except mines a hatch:D also repainted 1 week ago..since i got into a minor accident last month:(...but its been repainted:D...
I have a hatch too! You can see it in the pix!
edit: Maybe the honda spoiler for a christmas present next? hehe, would look good on her DX
Yeap, it was an EBP spoiler off of an Si, it is now repainted Milano Red. =)

We are going to put it on, on Monday. The guy said to wait a few days.
Looks great, I don't like how they painted the lower grille area and the parts where the fog lights go. Did you take it to Maaco? Or was it a local shop?

Nooo nooo no Maaco, some Local shop. They have about 10 franchises.
Ehh, yeah the fog light holes look blah, but fogs are going to be ordered soon anyways.
For $450, you get what you pay for(overspray, not masking things off, ect). Thats dirt cheap for a paint job. From the pics it looks damn good.
Yeah, I know. Thats why im not TOO pissed, I just want the over spray on the engine removed.

Hecz

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
f**k!.. im jelous.. *sigh*

ryanM

even with fogs, that part is still going to look stupid being red. you should mask it off and spray it with some trim paint or something.

DarkCreep

D16Y8+T
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
even with fogs, that part is still going to look stupid being red. you should mask it off and spray it with some trim paint or something.
The bumper grill? Yeah, you're right. Ill probably paint it flat black to match the Si grill.

NOFX

I'm NOT eran!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member

If you want the grille and foglight ducts black, have someone spray it with the matter black from the new Charger's stripes. It matches pretty much perfect. I can't tell that it's paint and not just stock unpainted.

d00dle

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Look nice. u got what u paid for. Should have made 'em paint the side moldings and skirts too!!!!! Hello, McFly . Anybody home?

I don't like how they painted the lower grille area and the parts where the fog lights go
+1 I kept mind black

HP Civic 2

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Looks good. Si grill looks better but imho the painted one doesn't look bad at all.