Go Vote!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Failsafe88

gt CasaNova
Registered VIP
So is obama going to bail out the oil field..... no maybe in other countries though. What needs to happen is all troops need to be brought home.

takeachance

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
You are so incredibly misinformed its ridiculous.
No I just don't blame my problems on others and I make sure my future is set. I am almost 30 and make more at my job than most that have been here for 10-20 years because I make sure I am always going to be here. If not oh well I am always getting tons of offers for other places making more than I do now. It's not hard to do and was making 40 k when I was 25. Im just not a little b***h who complains about everything I could honestly care less who is president because no matter what I will be fine.

mymmeryloss

RHD is where its at
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Im sorry but 40k a year is not good money...

Its not all about my job.

Its about my kids well being and inflation and them having to deal with rudiculous debt and not being able to fibd jobs or ever afford to buy a house.

It is people like you that are so blind and dont realize what is going on arpund you and just assume that everything will be ok.

I for one am not happy with 40k a year and cannot support my family on that.

Sure the industry i work in is my choice, but there is nothing else around here that pays. I have been laid off twice and it is so incredibly hard to find a job even at a fast food restaurant or walmart.

I just dont understand how u really cant care?

Maybe someday something will affect you enough for you to care. Im just telling you that there are millions of people struggling and they dont have options like you have.

cgpEJ6

noob
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member

Its about my kids wellbeing and inflation and them having to deal with ridiculous debt and not being able to find jobs or ever afford to buy a house.

It is people like you that are so blind and don't realize what is going on around you and just assume that everything will be ok.

40k a year is decent money depending on where you are in your life but I agree that it's not enough to raise a family. That's about what I make and it's plenty for me but I don't have kids to worry about either.

Why do you think the economy would be better off with Romney? Do you really think it would have been better with McCain? The stock market is actually doing well right now and the housing market has turned the corner at least in the area that I live.

Last edited:

mymmeryloss

RHD is where its at
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
This was not intended to be a pick sides thread.

Was just to get people out to vote.

There is always going to be a loser and an angry party.

Voting is over.

Thanks to every American who got out and voted.

TokyoSkies

Boost Junkie
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member

Its about my kids well being and inflation and them having to deal with rudiculous debt and not being able to fibd jobs or ever afford to buy a house.

It is people like you that are so blind and dont realize what is going on arpund you and just assume that everything will be ok.

I for one am not happy with 40k a year and cannot support my family on that.

Sure the industry i work in is my choice, but there is nothing else around here that pays. I have been laid off twice and it is so incredibly hard to find a job even at a fast food restaurant or walmart.

I just dont understand how u really cant care?

Maybe someday something will affect you enough for you to care. Im just telling you that there are millions of people struggling and they dont have options like you have.
Killer points. All political parties aside, finding a job is insanely hard. I was unemployed for a year and 3 months because I simply could not find work (and I have 4 certifications, at the time 6 years of experience in my field, and i was 25 years old. Prime candidate.). $40k a year isn't a lot of money. I make that now, and I really need to make more, to be honest. I don't have kids, and I'm single, but I can totally understand where mmery is coming from. He's thinking the way we all should be thinking: about the future. Right now means absolutely nothing if our future is bleak. Yes, time will go on, yes we'll still be here, but it could be tremendously different depending on certain circumstances. Just food for thought.

Now, back on the subject of politics, thanks to everyone who did vote. I feel like our generation is less and less politically motivated, and that's bad...

Failsafe88

gt CasaNova
Registered VIP
Why go out and try and make the most amount of money when you can sit on your ass and get paid. Why make the most amount of money you can if you are going to be required to pay more taxes than others who don't try to succeed that high in life. People are not deserved to have money. Yes we are getting more jobs however many jobs are still being lost. Look qt the increase this is very very slow progression can with new laws coming into place the rise will fall down more. Explain to me why if jobs re coming so easy that these big businesses that provide lots of jobs are moving to foreign countries. I know the reasoning on why do you. Im glad people voted its something that we as Americans have a right to do because of past and present veterans. Yall need to remember that with veterans day coming up. I could carry on this for a long time bit ill finish it with this be proud you are an American and remember the people that have given you this right to vote.

crash!

Avi, pull your socks up.
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
^^ :lol:

I didn't vote because I didn't feel I deserved the right to vote, since I did not educate myself on the candidates and the issues at hand.
I feel that a lot of people, if they do vote, are voting blindly or to be biased. A person may vote for someone because of a very irrelevant detail, and I don't feel that's right. With this election, I was leaning one way because of that very reason. And that I feel is not a right reason. If that makes sense.

TokyoSkies

Boost Junkie
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
^^ :lol:

I didn't vote because I didn't feel I deserved the right to vote, since I did not educate myself on the candidates and the issues at hand.
I feel that a lot of people, if they do vote, are voting blindly or to be biased. A person may vote for someone because of a very irrelevant detail, and I don't feel that's right. With this election, I was leaning one way because of that very reason. And that I feel is not a right reason. If that makes sense.
That's understandable. I didn't originally plan on voting, as I didn't agree with either party, but once I started to hear what one party (particularly his absolutely retarded VP candidate) said on a few choice subjects, I knew that I didn't want someone with those ideals in a position of power. After that, I began to research and learn a bit more about each party, and ultimately made the decision to eradicate what I felt was the candidate that would do the most damage (per-say).

TokyoSkies

Boost Junkie
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
So is obama going to bail out the oil field..... no maybe in other countries though. What needs to happen is all troops need to be brought home.
I'm not all gung-ho Obama by any means, but breaking our dependency on foreign oil has been one of his primary concerns. He's primarily the reason we are drilling in Colorado right now (and drilling an absolute s**t load at that).

JeffBel

Registered VIP
If it wasn't for Obama we would have a big ass pipeline running from Canada down through the mid-west

mymmeryloss

RHD is where its at
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I'm not all gung-ho Obama by any means, but breaking our dependency on foreign oil has been one of his primary concerns. He's primarily the reason we are drilling in Colorado right now (and drilling an absolute s**t load at that).
Ummm no we arent...

This is the least drilling that colorado has seen in over a decade...

crash!

Avi, pull your socks up.
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Every presidents plan has a side that benefits some and harms others. That's why elections are based on majority rule.

mymmeryloss

RHD is where its at
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Every presidents plan has a side that benefits some and harms others. That's why elections are based on majority rule.
And making the other cantidate look bad and blowing s**t out of proportion...

Status
Not open for further replies.