Going car shopping today! :D

MR99si

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Well I've been begging my wife to let me get a new car, honestly am getting tired of my civic! My SI is paid off and my little beater nissan hard body that I use for dump runs, haulin crap ect. is also paid off. I figure once I sell the JRSC and all the other parts like the extra set or wheels, intakes, coil overs ect. and my truck I will have around $12K for a down payment.

I've really been wanting a 2002 z06 the 405 hp model, however my insurance would have been a killer. I just recently turned 30 + I'm married with a kid so now the insurance would be nearly half of what it would have been just a few months ago. I've stopped and looked @ a few z06's that were in the 28-30K price range, does that seem to high? And I'm not all that familiar with chevy, are the vette's pretty reliable/decent cars?

If I do sell it I will have lots of parts for sale! :P

Black or silver, I cannot decide! :2confused

Kaotic_Zeus

Most hated man
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
Um, i'd go with something that also doesn't kill gas and rob you with insurance payments, but if i really had the money i'd go with a Black, silver is really boring to me.

dank24

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
where do you live? I can get you like 5k knocked off msrp on floor one. Family member a salesperson

Melt

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Kaotic_Zeus said:
Um, i'd go with something that also doesn't kill gas and rob you with insurance payments, but if i really had the money i'd go with a Black, silver is really boring to me.
vettes get 27 mpg on the highway ... hardly "killing gas"

i got 2 friends with 2000s ... both autos ... ones silver ones white .... personally i like the white one but silver is awesome too ....

and he lives in washington if i remember right

dank24

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
ah that sucks. I love those Z06's though. I was in one on the pa turnpike and the driver went from 60-170mph ish. Had me all tense and scared haha

Genuine Rolla

Its PETEY PETE, y0!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
i'm not a fan of chevy's...the ones my family has owned have been nothing but problems...

dank24

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
I still have a jimmy with close to 300k on it:shock: , but my family has own a few fords and they are nothing but s**t, or just the ones we bought (bronco and Taurus)

Melt

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
weve actually had better luck with fords

85 s10 blazer ... blew up at 180k
90 bronco xlt .... 351 v8 sold at 223k, still see it driving around my folks town
98 silverado 351 v8 ... blew up at 190k, new engine my dad still has it
85 f250 460 v8, 52k original miles, dad still has it.

steve98ex

say no to rotas
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
i wouldn't worry about the reliability because how much are you really gonna drive it?

Trbolvrcrx

Dude wheres my honda
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I have always wanted a Trans Am myself. Even though there hella hard to work on (helped change plug wires.), but a friend of mine had one and I really liked it.

Melt

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
steve98ex said:
i wouldn't worry about the reliability because how much are you really gonna drive it?
my friend with the white one is a stripper and commutes 5 days a week with it. Sometimes she carpools though (its funny, like 4 of the girls at this club in sf i grew up in high school with back in napa)

MR99si

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Well got back a couple hours ago and test drove a few vettes, two c5's and an immaculate 02' z06 black. The dealer that had the z06 wouldn't give me crap for my car and said I'd be much better off selling it myself (will be going into craigslist + autotrader this week)! Man the vettes are so damn nice, the interior, paint and the power. The z06 I test drove was spotless and had K&N intake and borla stinger exhaust, during the test drive while merging onto the freeway I scared the lady salesperson a bit HEHE. Was in fourth and cars were approaching fast so I dumped it into second and let her rip (my god I now realize how pathetic my si is), :lol: the torque on the it is just amazing.

The MPG really aren't that bad, around 25 highway. My si is only getting 29-30 highway and that's when i'm taking it really easy. I've pretty much made up my mind on the z06, now I'm thinking about what mods to get. It has a good exhaust and intake, was thinking about chipping it and a set of headers. With all that it should be running @ least 450hp @ the crank? Any other ideas on mods that aren't to spendy please post em'.

dank24 said:
where do you live? I can get you like 5k knocked off msrp on floor one. Family member a salesperson

Really! :P I live in Olympia. Ask em' if they have any z06's on the lot 2001-2002 black!!

steve98ex said:
As much as possible or until I get to many tickets! :P

Melt said:
weve actually had better luck with fords

85 s10 blazer ... blew up at 180k
90 bronco xlt .... 351 v8 sold at 223k, still see it driving around my folks town
98 silverado 351 v8 ... blew up at 190k, new engine my dad still has it
85 f250 460 v8, 52k original miles, dad still has it.
Was thinking about a 03' cobra it's just that I like the vettes so much more. Funny after I called my dad and was telling him that I was maybe gonna get a corvette he said stay away from GM junk LOL! He likes toyotas and hondas.

Trbolvrcrx said:
I have always wanted a Trans Am myself. Even though there hella hard to work on (helped change plug wires.), but a friend of mine had one and I really liked it.
Yeah I like the ws6's.

Melt

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
yea my dad only likes domestics if they have a v8 in em

whats funny though is he loves my friends 97 buick lesabre lol ... probably cause hes sick of me modding every car i get

MR99si

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Melt said:
yea my dad only likes domestics if they have a v8 in em

whats funny though is he loves my friends 97 buick lesabre lol ... probably cause hes sick of me modding every car i get

Most older people love buicks, don't know why? Btw you bangin the stripper??? :cool:

MR99si

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Inigo Montoya said:
id still opt for STi or EVO... awd pwn.
I have never even been in a evo but have driven and STI and to me there is no comparison (just a personal preference). The z06 is a real monster and pulls like nothing I've ever been in except the crotch rocket I owned.

The z06 I test drove stock was 405hp but with the intake and cat back I'm guessing it was in the neighborhood of 425-430.......felt like 600 :-D

Melt

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
MR99si said:
Most older people love buicks, don't know why? Btw you bangin the stripper??? :cool:
i considered getting one a while back just cause i thought the whole stereo system and 20" rims scraper scraper thing the bay area had going on was cool but decided it wasnt for me

i wish i was hittin the stripper cause shes fiinnnnnnnne ... maybe if i go back to napa for the summer we will hook up .... the reason i know her is my friend was dating her friend, and one time we all went to the gentlemens establishment together, and she was working that night, and mentioned to my friend that she thought i was hot .... but at the time she was dating ... but shes recently single now so we will see .

MR99si

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Melt said:
i wish i was hittin the stripper cause shes fiinnnnnnnne ... maybe if i go back to napa for the summer we will hook up .... the reason i know her is my friend was dating her friend, and one time we all went to the gentlemens establishment together, and she was working that night, and mentioned to my friend that she thought i was hot .... but at the time she was dating ... but shes recently single now so we will see .

Strippers put out! :thumbs up Ahh if only I was single again....damn!