Golf Question

whitey53005

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
So this question goes out to any golfers out there. I need a little help. I'm finally looking to upgrade my irons after a long time (since the beginning of high school) and have settled on getting some Nike Slingshot OSS irons. I've talked to a guy I know at a pro shop here around town and he quoted me at $58 a club for these. Do you think that its a good price or should I look elsewhere? I'm looking at getting irons 3-8. So 6 clubs since I don't really play a 9 iron that often.

lilwhitecoupe

Ricer
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
i would look into a set of cleaveland cg4's i picked some up off egay for 300$ slightly used and most pro shops were trying to run me up over 700... but if you want the nikes i would shop around ebay you can get such good deals on slightly used clubs...

Genuine Rolla

Its PETEY PETE, y0!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
you could get some muzuno clubs on eBay for a great deal. My father got those and they swing like a dream.

whitey53005

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i would look into a set of cleaveland cg4's i picked some up off egay for 300$ slightly used and most pro shops were trying to run me up over 700... but if you want the nikes i would shop around ebay you can get such good deals on slightly used clubs...
Well I calculated it out and with 5.1% sales tax here in Wisconsin. 6 clubs came out to $365.75. Clubs are all brand new. Good deal? And yes I want the nikes. I've tried them out already and really enjoyed how they felt.

$lick Rick

TEOTWAWKI
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
O_O

well lets see..... it's $150 less than suggested retail....... seems like a shitty deal to me :roll:

come on..... did you really not know if you were getting a good deal? in which case you must not have looked anywhere else or done any research what so ever.
i think this is your attempt at bragging... you s.o.b.

personally, i dont like nike irons.

$lick Rick

TEOTWAWKI
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
unless you're talking about muscle backs, mizuno's have crap for feel

whitey53005

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
O_O

well lets see..... it's $150 less than suggested retail....... seems like a shitty deal to me :roll:

come on..... did you really not know if you were getting a good deal? in which case you must not have looked anywhere else or done any research what so ever.
i think this is your attempt at bragging... you s.o.b.

personally, i dont like nike irons.
I'm not trying to brag at all. My bad if it seemed that way. It's okay if you don't like the nike irons but I guess thats why they make different clubs from different companies. Everyone has different preferences. Anybody hear about these nike ignites as well? I'm going to try them out in a couple of days and was wondering if anyone had any thoughts on them compared to the slingshots before I go try these out?

xNOBOOSTx

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
well the slingshots arent bad irons, nice wide sole and a thick body on them. and like you said to each his own, but you would probably find a better deal buying them 3-pw. the taylormade rac os2's and ht's are nice clubs as well. just depends on what you are looking for.

1999stockaccord

Honduh's... LULZ
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
slingshots are nice, my cousin has a set of mizuno's, after swinging both, and then my clubs.. i much perfer my beat ass set of 50buck clubs... i refuse to buy new clubs because i only use a few- 2, sometimes a 3, 5, and 7 Irons, PW and putter... UNLESS i somehow came across some cash and got a set of custom mades

if you dont have one- look into a 2 iron...

JohnS.

BANGARANG
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Sorry to go off topic, but seriously... The things some people have knowledge about on here... Is just jaw dropping. Like out of the blue all these people I wouldn't expect to know about golf just pop up and give input lol.

But yeah... I've always had in interest in golf.

/threadjack

Jbuck2KCivic

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
Check out they new Callaway X-20, my cousin and my uncle bought a set and they are awesome. I'm also looking into them, just a little pricey.

Slowens

Banned
slingshots are nice, my cousin has a set of mizuno's, after swinging both, and then my clubs.. i much perfer my beat ass set of 50buck clubs... i refuse to buy new clubs because i only use a few- 2, sometimes a 3, 5, and 7 Irons, PW and putter... UNLESS i somehow came across some cash and got a set of custom mades

if you dont have one- look into a 2 iron...
Marc just cause we hit the neighbors barn with the 2 iron doesnt mean everyone needs one

back on topic IMO callaways are overrated, I'd look into a set of TaylorMade r7's, i know it seems like everyone has them, but they swing great. smooth and predictable

xNOBOOSTx

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
the big bertha 2006's are pretty nice but i personally like the X-18's better, but thats only if you like a offset on your club face.

K2_civic

Fo-drizzle!!!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
What is your handicap?

Are you looking for game improvement irons or player's irons?

Are you regular or stiff flex swing?

I am in the process of getting a new set of taylor made RAC OS2.........I wanted something that would give me more control for my long irons and a deep pocket for solid contact.

I like the big berthas, they have a good feel on contact, but they are hard to hit straight, at least for me

I would go with taylor made RAC OS2 or Mizuno MX-19 if you are on a budget. 3-PW for less than $300