good deal or no??

brownbear24

I found a 92 civid dx on criags, and it looks reallly clean esp the interior, it had a b16 swap. He said he used to take it to the track and race, he wants $2500 for it.. yay or nay? im going to look at it tmr. engine has 100k.

https://mail.google.com/mail/?ui=2&ik=0e770a5502&view=att&th=134161db46a5c5da&attid=0.1&disp=inline&zw

https://mail.google.com/mail/?ui=2&ik=0e770a5502&view=att&th=134161db46a5c5da&attid=0.2&disp=inline&zw

https://mail.google.com/mail/?ui=2&ik=0e770a5502&view=att&th=134161db46a5c5da&attid=0.0&disp=inline&zw

R3dline

Respected
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
imo i dont want anything thats been "raced"

brownbear24

it had a turbo on it also but he took it off and put the a/c back in, imean is it "bad" for the engine?

R3dline

Respected
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
id pass on it man honestly

brownbear24

alright..i was kinda skeptical when he said he raced it..ill go look at and hear it run and stuff, but thanks for the advice.

MistahJuice

100% real juice
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
^Agreed, just get something stock and work on it yourself. That way you know whats up with it, for all you know he beat the piss outta that thing and it may only have a few miles left before something goes wrong

R3dline

Respected
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
no problem man

Failsafe88

gt CasaNova
Registered VIP
Or maybe you can talk him down another 500 and get motor rebuilt possibly and be set

EG Hatch

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I live just over the border from you in Ontario and I picked a great little hatchback for $800. NO rust. My brothers old EF used to have a B16A in it. They are fun to drive but not that impressive. I'm not sure how you are financially but I would save for something a little more expensive that hasn't been modified.

brownbear24

I live just over the border from you in Ontario and I picked a great little hatchback for $800. NO rust. My brothers old EF used to have a B16A in it. They are fun to drive but not that impressive. I'm not sure how you are financially but I would save for something a little more expensive that hasn't been modified.
alright. i think im gonna pick up that hatch tmr cause i need a car and just save and eithier mod that one or buy a shell, i would love a eg shell.

evilrilla2

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
pass if its been modified. it will be warned out and you would have to fork out more cash to fix s**t.

Failsafe88

gt CasaNova
Registered VIP
Well already has swap in it i suppose then. I'm personally not a fan of hatches never really have been. Its all preference I suppose. I don't know about their but here they always have shells in junk yards that have been stripped and what not. I know how you feel with you needing a car. I was in your position when I bought my car I was waiting on another car that was 500 dollars more and the guy wanted to completely finish getting it in running order before he sold it. The last thing he had to buy was a new oil pan. I found my car one night and went out and picked it up around midnight in bfe. I went from waiting about 2 months on a nice well taken care of b Frankenstein swap coupe to my baby i have now. I still hate myself for not waiting 2 more weeks. Its up to you though. You aren't looking at paying nearly as much as me anyways on the car so do what you will.