Greddy Evo 2 Exhaust and Intake

komay

5+ Year Member
I am looking to buy a Greddy Evo 2 exhaust system for my 99 civic si. I was wondering what you guys think of it. Is it worth buying? What do you think is a good price on these? I found a site that's willing to ship for $508. Is that what it usually go for? My car is stock and i don't plan on turbo-ing my car anytime soon. What kind of intake would you suggest me buying? Thanks!

JohnS.

BANGARANG
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
I like the Evo2. My buddy's sister's boyfriend had one on his 01 ex and it sounded nice. I've seen them go for around $500 shipped. Check cardomain. They have amazing prices on some things.

As for an intake, unless you need something C.A.R.B. legal, I'd go with an eBay no name intake and an AEM Dry Flow replacement filter. But if you want something to look pretty in your engine bay, an AEM short ram should do fine.

Rice

5+ Year Member
hey amej8, how long have you had your evo2 exhaust?

JohnS.

BANGARANG
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Oh sorry, I'm not saying I have one. I'm saying that from friends that were previous owners of the exhaust, I can say that I like the sound and overall like the exhaust.

Going-West

Tree people on my radio
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I have an aem intake and greddy evo2 exhaust on my si, it's sounds very good trust me. I'm VERY picky on the sound of my car, and I'm very satisfied. It's very quiet unless you want it to be, a quality that I really like about it. Plus it's all stainless, and it looks good too. I had a video of a 99si it (I downloaded it before I got it to make sure I liked the sound) but I don't have it anymore, sorry. Most people say they really like it though. But yeah, I'd really recommend it. I think I got mine for just over 500 shipped as well, kinda pricey but it's a quality product.

RedLine42

High Speed
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
EVo2 is a good exhaust but way to quiet imo, Maybe check out the APEXi N1 or Skunk2? as for intakes, AEM has some good ones. PWJDM has a carbon fiber intake that is also pretty good too.

Going-West

Tree people on my radio
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I like that it's quiet. It has the larger diameter piping for (minimal) power increases, but it's still not obnoxiously loud. If you want a really loud exhaust it's not for you. I have an intake, megan header, and greddy evo and unless its at WOT it's not much louder than stock.

JohnS.

BANGARANG
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Wait is the Evo 2 like the Apexi WS2 and RS*R Ex-Mag? Or is it like the Apexi N1?

Going-West

Tree people on my radio
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
amej8 said:
Wait is the Evo 2 like the Apexi WS2 and RS*R Ex-Mag? Or is it like the Apexi N1?
The N1 is loooooooud. The other two are pretty quiet, in comparison at least.

JerseyStrong

EMII
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
Going-West said:
The N1 is loooooooud. The other two are pretty quiet, in comparison at leat.

the n1 isn't that loud, and id probably compare the evo 2 to the apexi ws2

Going-West

Tree people on my radio
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
RiPPiN_iT said:
the n1 isn't that loud, and id probably compare the evo 2 to the apexi ws2
In comparison to the evo2 I think it is. And I did compare the evo to the apexi.

JohnS.

BANGARANG
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Oohhh so Greddy's EVO 2 is the equivalent of Apexi's WS2 and RS*R's Ex-Mag eh? That's what I was trying to get at.

I still want a WS2 ;). Under $400 shipped :thumbs up.

NoBoost

138,000 Mi. EM1
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
amej8 said:
Oohhh so Greddy's EVO 2 is the equivalent of Apexi's WS2 and RS*R's Ex-Mag eh? That's what I was trying to get at.

I still want a WS2 ;). Under $400 shipped :thumbs up.
woh woh woh...you found a WS2 for under 400 shipped AMEJ8???

Dont_Tri

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I recently purchased a mint condition Evo 2 exhaust off a dude from em1crew.com for $350 shipped. Installed it and sounds nice low deep tone and will open up at wot. I currently have an AEM short ram on my EM1 and I have no complaints. I have a no name intake with a K&N filter if you want that $30 bucks shipped to your door if you wish.