greddy versus custom kit help needed

SeanMc300

professional a*****e
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Alright, fellas, that kid i was talkin about in my post about that kid who runs 12's with a basic b16.... well here ya gohttp://www.1320video.com/featured.php

(the first run that was a 16 was when it was on street tires and no nitrous and his very first time down the track.)

CivicKid95

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
ok, everyone is saying to piece together your own kit because its cheaper, but I dont know what I need or where to get the parts. I'm thinking it would be hard to get a turbo kit made for significantly less than the $1400 for the copmlete greddy kit. How would one find all of the necessary parts? Also, I have seen a greddy turbo dip into the mid 13s with the basic boltons. Should that be surprising? I know Greddy kits wont be amazing, but they're complete and pretty cheap. And after all it is still a turbo. Anyone have more examples of a greddy kit putting out 200+ and being around 13.5? :???: and can i upgrade the turbo easily?

Last edited:

riciv97

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Do a custom kit and use the super 60 if your gonna build the motor down the road!

civicsi94

dial up ownz me
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
well here is my future setup up:
t3/t4 50trim .48
greddy type s bov
38mm tial wastegate
custom piping
lovefab shorty mani
450cc injectors with walbro 255 fuel pump
Wiseco pistons(lower compression but not stock size so the block will need some mods)
eagle or tuner toys rods...lol
JRC 6"fmic(How long have u guys been running'em? they last ?)
ss lines
block guard
cometic headgasket and arp bolts
still gotta get a fidanza flywheel
quaife lsd
then some gauges and controllers
running on uberdata
yeah its looking at about 3k on just parts. i can do some labor but some i can't since i dont have the tools to properly do it.
Head work will be down the road. I currently bought a y8 swap for me to build be4 i boost it.

tl_vang86

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
that is a pretty good setup. but just take your time and do your research before you start buying s**t, dont make my mistake. i bought a bunch of my s**t first and then later when i did my research i realize that all the parts i bought were shitty. just do some research and find a friend with a welder, they will come in handy haha.

civicsi94

dial up ownz me
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
o yeah i will. right now i am bout to build my y8 motor(bought one to build while everything else is going on) wiseco 75.5mm piston kit and eagle rods, and cometic headgasket and eagle block guard. Then bore the block and notch it for the rods if needed. the put a quaife lsd in and swap it in and break it in then start gettin parts for boost

civicsi94

dial up ownz me
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Well Boost is about to begin soon. I am startin to buy parts and now just searchin for the best prices. gettin a greddy rs bov for 160 and greddy type s boost controller for 250. both brand new and not off ebay. lol soon i will be boosted. i am buyin parts that have sales or the best deals at the time.

soldiaboy

343 FDNY
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
CivicKid95 said:
ok, everyone is saying to piece together your own kit because its cheaper, but I dont know what I need or where to get the parts. I'm thinking it would be hard to get a turbo kit made for significantly less than the $1400 for the copmlete greddy kit. How would one find all of the necessary parts? Also, I have seen a greddy turbo dip into the mid 13s with the basic boltons. Should that be surprising? I know Greddy kits wont be amazing, but they're complete and pretty cheap. And after all it is still a turbo. Anyone have more examples of a greddy kit putting out 200+ and being around 13.5? :???: and can i upgrade the turbo easily?
http://www.cse.uconn.edu/~yelevich/turbo/turbo.html

Well Boost is about to begin soon. I am startin to buy parts and now just searchin for the best prices. gettin a greddy rs bov for 160 and greddy type s boost controller for 250. both brand new and not off ebay. lol soon i will be boosted. i am buyin parts that have sales or the best deals at the time.
you have a nice setup, reaching your goals should be pretty easy since your building it

civicsi94

dial up ownz me
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
thanks, next week i plan on buying a precision fmic found one new for 225 and a golden eagle block guard.

civicsi94

dial up ownz me
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
even though at times i still think of the greddy 19t kit cuz it might be cheaper and all but this will require work and money, hope its worth it when its on there.