Ground Control Coilover HELP!!

SlvrEJ8

5+ Year Member
Okay. I have a 98 honda civic ex couple. I currently have KYB agx wiht eibach pro lowering springs. I bought ground controls, sayin it works with kyb agx, but went to get them put on and they said the coilovers dont sit on the lowering seats flush.

they asked if there was any adapters for the seats to make them flush with the coilover sleeve? I dont understand it, thought they worked. If anyone could help me, i realy appreciate it.

thanks

EK|B

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Is this a reputable shop?

Riseagain97

I get lost in your eyes..
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
i hope they dint try to put the springs on the shocks with out the spring pearches and the threded tube lol if thats the case then i can see why but coilovers like that dont really line up with the spring pearches that come with the shocks unless you get regular lowering springs. Ive found that on some cars , a friends cavalier i did you could knock the factory or ones that come with the shocks off because they were just pressed on by turning the shock up side down and hitting the pearches with a hammer.. then you can put your Coilover thread tube and pearches on there and it will tighten up but I would tell them to leave the set screws out because i blew a hole in my old shocks by haveing the set screw .. honestly you dont need the set screws but ya alot of garages that work with after market car parts for hondas and imports are used to putting Regular factory replacement springs on... or if any after market thing its for there mustang or camaro... lol

D50boy

5+ Year Member
The Ground Controls fit just fine in my AGXs that are on my 99 Hatchback.

SlvrEJ8

5+ Year Member
yea its just a body shop that does shocks and struts. They did my buddies integra just fine. but he has koni yellows. I just dont understand why mine wont work they said? maybe ther doin it wrong idk? but there is no "adapter" that sits on the seats to make it flush is ther?

Riseagain97

I get lost in your eyes..
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
not that i know of! under compression it will fall where it needs to be any ways

EK|B

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Aren't there Ground Controls that are made specifically for Koni Yellows? If so, you might have one of those?

SlvrEJ8

5+ Year Member
maybe they sent me wrong ones, but they seem pretty basic to me..nothin special. idk. I even looked them up on here, and they all seem same