Ground Control Top Mounts explained.

BEAR_times

Undeniable
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Ground control has universal honda top hats that mount between the body and coilover sleeve application. http://www.weaksauceparts.com/store/home.php?cat=1942 Too bad you can't see them in the engine bay. :( Top mounts were made to allow more shock extension. From what I've heard, stock shocks are not meant for lowered ride heights, leading to bottoming out. This = fast wear + poor handling. (Your results may differ of course) However, Koni yellows have been known to be the weapon of choice. My :twocents:

Dannyloski

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Buddy, yes you can see the Top Hats from the Engine Bay. They serve their purpose plus also add a nice bling to the Engine Bay. I have them ;)

The purpose behind the Top Hats is to allow more Shock Travel (just like when you Preload a Full Coilover Setup), so you can be tucking tire and not bottom out like you would with out them. Extended Shock Travel + No Bottoming Out = Longer Shock Life. If you have a lowered car, I'd suggest picking up a set of the GC Top Hats (at least for the front, not really needed in the Rear). Ground Control Top Hats also helps align the lower control arm up so that the suspension geometry is more even. Just my :twocents:

Stock Shocks are not meant for Lowering a vehicle as you mentioned, that's why they are "Stock". You need Aftermarket Shocks. I personally run this setup: Koni Sports "Yellow" Shocks, Ground Control Sleeve Coilovers (Custom Spring Rates), and 4 Ground Control Top Hats. I love it, I can adjust height as well as damping. I have other Suspension items (Swaybars, Strut bars, Cross bars, etc) that also help as well in the performance and handling of the car.

BEAR_times

Undeniable
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
?!

Thanks for the correction. I asked some weksos dude, I guess he didn't have his facts straight. Damn, they must look pretty dope in the engine bay.

Sammo115

It be me, Sammo
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I actually did not know this...sadly it wouldnt fit for what I have.

RHennin

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Didn't someone just make a tread about this? I know I posted in it, however not sure if this is the same thread and/or if my posts got deleted.