H22 euro r in eg/ej civic?

EgHatch93

EG Whore
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I read that you said the H22a's tranny "wasnt very good" Its a decent tranny... The reason people dont like them isnt because of the gearing its due to the weight... An H22 is a horrible swap for an EG UNLESS YOU get the H-B Tranny conversion... What makes the swap horrible is the weight of the tranny the H series weighs just a TOUCH more than the B series... BUT the transmission in the H is what makes it weigh so much more...
So in my opinion if you were to do the swap go with the JDM H22 long block buy the h-b conversion kit and get a b16 tranny... Youll rape all! haha. Good luck!

And I had an H23 Prelude... its the B20 of Preludes :P *Meaning Torqie (sp?)*

EG Hatch

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I read that you said the H22a's tranny "wasnt very good" Its a decent tranny... The reason people dont like them isnt because of the gearing its due to the weight... An H22 is a horrible swap for an EG UNLESS YOU get the H-B Tranny conversion... What makes the swap horrible is the weight of the tranny the H series weighs just a TOUCH more than the B series... BUT the transmission in the H is what makes it weigh so much more...
So in my opinion if you were to do the swap go with the JDM H22 long block buy the h-b conversion kit and get a b16 tranny... Youll rape all! haha. Good luck!

And I had an H23 Prelude... its the B20 of Preludes :P *Meaning Torqie (sp?)*
X2 with that H23 and B20 comment, it is a torque monster, well the thread starter wanted to have a cheap reliable swap so i suggest to just keep the Hseries transmission. the H2B is cool though. and i wouldnt take the B16 tranny because i read they have weak gears and the H22A would break them then. and 9,400 on an H series is impressive, lmk the outcome

EGlude Attitude

All Motor Militia
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
JDM H22A - 200hp/161trq
- 10.6:1 CR, dual-stage intake manifold

Euro R - 217hp/163trq @ 7200 rpm
- Type S head and cams, 11:1 CR, single stage intake manifold.

Type S - 217hp/163trg @ 7200rpm
- Type S head and cams, 11:1 CR, dual-stage intake manifold

I don't like the idea of a H22 VTEC head on the H23 block if you're planning on reving high. The H22 rev limits at 7600, the H23 only goes to 6800, and I've heard of people developing cracks on the rod bearing journals of the crank from trying to rev them to that of a normal H22.

There is a H23A VTEC that comes in the Accord Si-R Wagon, makes the same horespower and 18trq more than the F20B but with a 6800rpm redline, where as the F20B @ 7200rpm.
However I hear the conversion is simple.

EgHatch93 said:
An H22 is a horrible swap for an EG UNLESS YOU get the H-B Tranny conversion... What makes the swap horrible is the weight of the tranny the H series.
I couldn't disagree with you more. I think horrible is a bit of a strong word for it. The swap makes good power, straight out of the box and with bolt-ons makes a mildly quick car. It's great for a starter going All Motor without having to build it. I agree that B-series transmission is the way to go and lighter. I'm going H2B as soon as I can.

kelz12

5+ Year Member
but i heard that with the h2b swap it wont clear the hood and u have to have it raised? if thats not true i would def. consider that and id prolly just go with a gsr tranny. what are u doing in particular to build your engine to be able to rev that high? i just want to get up to about 8500 rpm if possible.

Also i was reading an article in the new honda tuning and it was a hatch with a b16b ctr motor and he modified it to put down 200hp but with only 124 torque and then he added ITB's and hondata and got it tuned and the hp didnt go up but the torque he put down after that was 142. thats pretty impressive for a 1.6 without FI. but my question is are ITB's really that good? i kno they are really hard to tune but with results like that i would say its worth it. also are they street legal? does driveability or reliability suffer? because i would think i would see more cars out there with them.