H22a in my hatch or b-series let me kno wat better thanks

Ek916ne$$

5+ Year Member
Hi I'm I plan on swapping my engine out with H or B which is better? Also does a H take alot of modification
Ex. Harness,mount,ecu.etc thanks let me know wasup

d r i v e n

foul dog scut!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
H series all the live long day. And use the search feature it's been done over and over again on this site. Also go to:

www.hasport.com

It tells you what you need for each gen/model. Haven't been on there in a while but I'm sure it's still the same.

93civeeDX

5+ Year Member
H series eats up B series.
i havent been beaten by a B series yet.
my friend has a worked type R and i still smoked him.hahah

stickeyrice84

5+ Year Member
h all of the way the only b that beat me was on boost at 20 psi and im na

charles_00Civic

CC'S Longest Running Noob
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
N/A keep the b-series... my buddy has a h22 in his eg.. all stock. He beats on it all day long and nothing has happened.. Held its own against a g35 coupe and a c5 ek..... I would go with an h22 but i want to boost my b20 vtec combo..

If u'r staying na go with a h22 with a b-series tranny... any of the type-r trannies on the h22 make for a FUN drive haha.

haphazard

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
dont know about an h22 but i have a jdm b18c motor and its a blast to drive. if the h22 is faster then i think you will be happy with both. (i love the 8000 + rpm redline in my b18c). on a side note is the h22 faster then the gsr from a slight roll, say like 25 mph???

egjdmh22a

5+ Year Member
dont know about an h22 but i have a jdm b18c motor and its a blast to drive. if the h22 is faster then i think you will be happy with both. (i love the 8000 + rpm redline in my b18c). on a side note is the h22 faster then the gsr from a slight roll, say like 25 mph???
the h22 is more powerful then a b18c from any roll, i had a jdm b18c in my hatch before my h22, and i never regret going the h series path, more hp, more torque, better power delivery at any point in the rpm band, and h22 engines are highly detuned from the factory, adding a neptune obd1 ecu and tuning can net you as much as 40 midrange hp at the wheels, and 10 on the top end also. when i had my h22a4 in my 97 prelude converted to obd1 with neptune and tuned, i got 38 whp in the midrange and 10whp on the top end, and vtec was set to turn on at 4,500 rpm. no gsr with tuning is gonna net that kind of power