H23A1 Engine Swap Question

GreenThunder

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
im picking up a H23A1 Prelude engine for my civic because i blew the D16y8 motor. now when i get this, do i need to get the H23A1 motor mounts being its for the prelude or can i still use the D16y8 mounts? i figure i would need the mounts for the prelude engine. and also a new Exhaust for the motor. is that right?

AutoFanatik

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
you will need the H series motor mounts...especially since thats a heavier engine. and you MIGHT need custom exhaust...lets see what others say

KWH924

5+ Year Member
Find an H22 swap guide the two swaps are pretty similar at least they were for my Accord

kyle97charlie

68% right 100% of th time
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
okay. i have done a lot of research on this swap. i came within a gnats ass of swapping my d for a h. you will need stiffer front springs, motor mounts, custom axles, and wiring harness.

and yes that is the correct spelling for gnat. lol

GreenThunder

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
ok sweetness, thanks. guess if i buy a prelude ehxaust gonna have ta cut n weld to make it fit right? and any guesses on the custom axles? i havent found much on how to go about it, that bor i suck at research lol

georgeh_sonny

5+ Year Member
hasport has motor mounts but check ebay you might find them cheaper. The axles have to be changed because the original ones are too long. Check around you can get wire harnesses fairly cheap. I recomend a header and a good muffler. Good luck to ya.