#1 in the Atlantic!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member

Coutts

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
i just upgraded to a plug and play hid kit (in stock reflector housings i know its got glare but its still better). My opinion is that the sylvania silverstars i got at autozone were the best i had come across. I tried the whole blue ebay hid look alike bulb thing, they sucked. They looked blue but i coudlnt see s**t at night, and the bulbs operated at a much higher voltage than stock (it was dangerous, would heat up the headlight pretty good). I now have a plug and play hid kit in. They light up the road alot more, even with a bunch of glare. They also operate at low voltage and therefore operate at much cooler temperatures than halogen bulbs. IMO hids are the only way to go. i paid $115 for my kit, and imo a $100 investment in seeing better at night is worth it.

JohnS.

BANGARANG
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Osram =Sylvania.
Sylvania is just the name that Osram uses to market parts in North America.
Now that you bragged they will burn out....mine did.
I always thought Sylvania was just America's version of Osram. Didn't know that.

But yeah, Osram SilverStars (UK) > Sylvania SilverStars (USDM)

Astheros

AMPhotography
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i got PIAA super plasma gtx's in mine. they have a blue tint when turned off so your housing looks bluish inside. a slightly/minimal purple hue in low beam and a super white high beam. theyre pretty f**king bright. i need to aim mines better on the road though. these werent cheap though. i paid like 80 shipped.

Coutts

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
i abslutely hate blueish halogens. i used to have a set of ebay hid look alike bulbs, they were complete garbage. low beam was blue, high beam was slightly less blue, couldnt see s**t and they operated at 55-60 watts like those piaas. My headlights got super hot, and i dont think it would take much to melt the harness with that kind of wattage. I jsut put a 6000k hid plug and play kit in, i paid $115 shipped, and its a night and day difference. Sure theres glare but it lights up the road all over so i can see. There is alot of glare shooting in all directions but its still better than any halogen i've had before, plug it looks alot better hehe. The road seriously lights up pure f**king white, with a slight hint of blue. The best thing is it only uses 35watts, almost half the amount of a halogen. My high beams are halogens and they suck but who needs them, the hids do the job just fine. Heres a comparison:

Halogens (high beams):

6000k HIDs (low beams):

heres a video of a 1-4th gear pull of my car (friend driving, me taping) and you can see what the hids look like on the road:

JohnS.

BANGARANG
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Problem with P&P HID's without doing a retrofit is that you get an assload of scatter. So you blind oncoming traffic and people in front of you.

Coutts

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Problem with P&P HID's without doing a retrofit is that you get an assload of scatter. So you blind oncoming traffic and people in front of you.
this kit has a glare shield on the bulb to create some what of a cutoff line and reduces glare. I adjusted them last night and havnt had anyone flash me yet.