HB Si 1990 Smokes a little. Need help.

lobogris

Speedy
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I have a hb 1990 Si. I have noticed that when I step on the gas pedal too hard the car smokes a little at first. What does this mean? Will I need to replace/rebuilt the engine soon? What can I do to prolongate the life of the engine?

Going-West

Tree people on my radio
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
ur burning oil prolly, my friend tercel does that, except he smoke A LOT. like he guns it and itll make a horrible clicking noise and it just billows. he puts new oil in his car every week. and he put it in neutral and we put a piece of paper by the muffler, he revved it and a bunch of black particles were all over the paper....its gross. but im sure yours isnt as bad.

lobogris

Speedy
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
No it is not that bad. It only smokes a little only when I step hard on the gas pedal. I was wondering if I should fix it all up or buy another newer civic. I always wanted to get the 99-00 Si.

ekshowciv

I'm in Japan Bitches!!!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
by a new one man that is the best year for civics.

Going-West

Tree people on my radio
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
im gettin a 99-00 si. i freaking love those cars. im gettn one in a little bit from a guy who lives like 20 miles away from me. its electron blue, im gonna get some halo projectors, drop it and put some white volk te-37's on it. looks so awsome. its weird i had thought up that specific plan then i saw a pic of a car almost like what i want. attached pic below....

as for you car, if its only smoknig a little its not really a problem, should last you a while. but if ur planning on getting a new car anyway just go get it checked up and sell it. u can get a used 6th gen si for around 10k, maybe 9 if you really really look for it. i would highly recommed them, the b16a2 kicks ass. but its up to you

lobogris

Speedy
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
EX2000, that is exaclty the one I want too. How much are you paying for the one you are buying?

Going-West

Tree people on my radio
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
$9999 all stock but its prolly negotiable. i could have gotten one for 10,500 with a supercharger but my dad wouldnt let me cuz of insurance. u can find one for cheaper then that i would think, stock

lobogris

Speedy
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
How many miles does it have? I know if one guy here in california selling one the same color and little mods for $7500 with about 80k miles. He has some nice rims too and if you want them he is asking about $8800.

Going-West

Tree people on my radio
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
this ones only got 37K on it. what kind rims are they for $8800? plus my dad decided hes only gonna buy the car if he can go check it out, and cali's kinda far away. but u should get that car, 7500 is a good price for a 6th gen, and if u think about it 80K isnt too much considering hondas last 300K plus..

lobogris

Speedy
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Well, I would if I had the money. That is a pretty good milage on that vehicle. Congratulations.

Tom

honda.co.jp
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
it's either your lower plug seals are leaking or your valve sea;s are leaking, either way imo it's not worth the money to fix them.