Head unit wont turn on and clock on Dash keeps resetting itself

Dankmaster24

5+ Year Member
I'm a noob when it comes to DIY with cars

I have a '95 cvic Lx, with a pioneer head unit. I took the head unit out and attached a homemade IP-Bus to 1/8" audio axillary input cable. It worked with the head unit outside of the dash. However, when I put it back in, the head unit wouldn't turn on. Also, the clock on the dash reset itself. It still wont turn on, and every time I turn the car on, the clock resets itself to 1:00. I checked the fuses, and they appear to be ok. Any ideas as to what the problem might be?

Also, can someone tell me what the pin-out schematics are for the big plug that connects to my CD player?

rockinsinglecam

5+ Year Member
i dont know whats wrong with your headunit but my f**king clock does that same s**t....annoying to say the least but i got used to it and use it as a in trip timer so i know how long i been in the car :lol:

Dankmaster24

5+ Year Member
yeah, the clock is dimmer now, too. I have to look at it at just the right angle to see what it is saying.

ak_thrylls

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
check the fuses underhood.

rockinsinglecam

5+ Year Member
mines bright as hell when my lights are off but not when theyre on :evil: so idk what the problem is but im going more in depth on her tomorrow........sooo ill let you know

ak_thrylls

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
mines bright as hell when my lights are off but not when theyre on :evil: so idk what the problem is but im going more in depth on her tomorrow........sooo ill let you know
haha, thats normal. you clock is supposed to dim when you turn on your headlighs so at night its not blinding you.

Esotericimage

Taking an H-T break
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
sounds like the remote line isnt hooked up to something that has power at all times.. that usually keeps power to the head unit to keep it from resetting. must suck with radio station changing.