Header fitment question

treysawyers

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Does anyone know of headers are interchangeable on all b series engines. cause i see dc sports has a 4-2-1 1 piece header for a 94-01 gsr, and i have an 2000 ls but dc sports only offers a 2 piece to the same header. will the gsr header fit on the ls? i know someone who put headers from an ls onto an b16.

anekin007

Unregistered User
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
yes

evan2

Search owns you
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
well since you are saying DC i say yes because I dont dc really puts much thought into making all the headers they do
but if you were to get a big name header i would say no because headers are designed for the application they are going on
theres more to a header then just a flange that matches to the head and nice shiney pipes coming off it

whats wrong with a 2piece, there might be a reason for it

doug piston

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
b18 header is a little taller cause the deck heght is bigger on the b18 then the b16...

treysawyers

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I would never buy a DC header or any cheap header. i would get dc sports or greddy. the reason i was wondering about the one piece was because i thought it lost power or something. but i guess it shouldnt matter. does anyone know if the DC SPORTS 4-1 header if they have any clearance issues on a lowered car?

CivicEX13

CC's Valve Cover Guy
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
the difference between one peice and 2 pc. is i think one gives you more top end power and the other give more low end..correct me if i m wrong but thats what i heard