Header Help

MILD99CIVIC

5+ Year Member
Just noticed I have a crack in my stock headers. What headers do you recommend for my 99 Lx? Brand, where to buy and prices?

TigBitties

Frame Bangin
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
its a header, one head.

and something cheap, its a single cam. your not going to make any more power from it. I/H/E yields about 2 crank hp on a great day lol

Mr.Baker

Mr. Search
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Find a stock 99/00 d16y8 header.
Affordable and the best flowing stock d series header.

Jersey8

B20: Detroit Muscle!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i would say get a megan racing header (they're about $150) but then you'd have to get a whole new cat and exhaust to go along with it (if you're still running stock exhaust and cat)

young_

out on bail
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i would say get a megan racing header (they're about $150) but then you'd have to get a whole new cat and exhaust to go along with it (if you're still running stock exhaust and cat)
Why would he have to get a whole new exhaust set up? That header bolts up to the stock exhaust just fine. I've got a buddy running one on his civic and he's got the stock cat, aftermarket cat back

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

kozy6871

I changed my y7 exhaust because of the same crack, and put the y8 exhaust on. So far I'm happy. I still have to weld a bung in and extend the other o2 sensor, but the car feels much more responsive. I can only imagine what it will be like without the CEL being on and the running the way its supposed to.

TigBitties

Frame Bangin
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I changed my y7 exhaust because of the same crack, and put the y8 exhaust on. So far I'm happy. I still have to weld a bung in and extend the other o2 sensor, but the car feels much more responsive. I can only imagine what it will be like without the CEL being on and the running the way its supposed to.
wont change, did this and have dealt with both situations