Header help

Shaaaft

FNG
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
??? op already has the stock ones...another stock one isn't gonna fix the scraping..
Engine Upgrades (D16Y7):
AEM Short Ram Intake
Megan Racing Headers
Full Magnaflow Exhaust System
MagnaCore Spark Plug Wires
Megan Racing Front Strut Bar
Red Painted Valve Cover (For Looks Only)

Doesn't say stock header on his build thread...

5SpeedEJ6

Respected
Registered VIP
Seeing your ride height and the way you described the problem, now I wonder if whoever put your exhaust did a cheap job at it? You could try going to an exhaust shop and asking them if they could tuck your exhaust system closer to the body.
At that height you shouldn't be having that much problem with your headers.. you either need to slow down when going over speedbumps or get used to driving lowered, your headers should not be so close to the ground.

Diana Nam

Respected
Registered VIP
Engine Upgrades (D16Y7):
AEM Short Ram Intake
Megan Racing Headers
Full Magnaflow Exhaust System
MagnaCore Spark Plug Wires
Megan Racing Front Strut Bar
Red Painted Valve Cover (For Looks Only)

Doesn't say stock header on his build thread...
yea that was posted on a different thread not on this one. he didn't state that from the start in this thread if you scroll back to the top post. with mods like that i highly doubt hes gonna want to go back to stock. that would be like me going from 3in down pipe back down to stock 1 3/4" down pipe with my 3in exhaust just to not scrape on a semi dropped civic.....

simplycleanej6

Seeing your ride height and the way you described the problem, now I wonder if whoever put your exhaust did a cheap job at it? You could try going to an exhaust shop and asking them if they could tuck your exhaust system closer to the body.
At that height you shouldn't be having that much problem with your headers.. you either need to slow down when going over speedbumps or get used to driving lowered, your headers should not be so close to the ground.
Sweet bro. Thanks a lot. I didn't know if it would be an issue and this is my first lowered car. So I def am getting used to it.

5SpeedEJ6

Respected
Registered VIP
I guess on a side note I'll tell you about my experience 'driving low'. I have (or had actually) the same set up you do right now as far as exhaust. I have Megan headers and Magnaflow Full Exhaust system. The headers do hang a little low, so I'm either going to buy stock headers or go with a 4 to 1 header that all cylinders meet before they wrap around the engine (I want to see if this will solve the problem that the 4-2-1 headers have which is that one of the tubes hangs lower than the other, making it scrape and the other be flawless). As far as the Magnaflow full exhaust system I had to chop off my resonator (the one that sits in the middle of the car, NOT the miffler) because it was literally dragging everywhere.
Do you scrape on the highway at all? Like do you hit your oil pan on those crests or in the connections between the highway and bridges? If this is the case (which from the pictures it doesn't look like it) I'd suggest really paying attention to shitty highways and to slow down a bit because you can really mess things up by going 60+ and hitting your oil pan/headers and other things. If this isn't the case for you, then just practice avoiding potholes, wavy roads (as in the ones that are lower where the wheels of cars are and higher in the middle of the road), and speedbumps. It's basically like learning how to drive again, but now you're concerned about different things. The lower you go, the more careful you gotta be, and the more you gotta adjust your driving. Once I replace my oil pan I'll show you how banged up mine is lmao.

simplycleanej6

I guess on a side note I'll tell you about my experience 'driving low'. I have (or had actually) the same set up you do right now as far as exhaust. I have Megan headers and Magnaflow Full Exhaust system. The headers do hang a little low, so I'm either going to buy stock headers or go with a 4 to 1 header that all cylinders meet before they wrap around the engine (I want to see if this will solve the problem that the 4-2-1 headers have which is that one of the tubes hangs lower than the other, making it scrape and the other be flawless). As far as the Magnaflow full exhaust system I had to chop off my resonator (the one that sits in the middle of the car, NOT the miffler) because it was literally dragging everywhere.
Do you scrape on the highway at all? Like do you hit your oil pan on those crests or in the connections between the highway and bridges? If this is the case (which from the pictures it doesn't look like it) I'd suggest really paying attention to shitty highways and to slow down a bit because you can really mess things up by going 60+ and hitting your oil pan/headers and other things. If this isn't the case for you, then just practice avoiding potholes, wavy roads (as in the ones that are lower where the wheels of cars are and higher in the middle of the road), and speedbumps. It's basically like learning how to drive again, but now you're concerned about different things. The lower you go, the more careful you gotta be, and the more you gotta adjust your driving. Once I replace my oil pan I'll show you how banged up mine is lmao.
s**t yea bro. Ur cool af. And as for the car, so far, I haven't been on too many highways due to just being released from prison in Texas for street racing on the highway causing bodily injury or death. I had a civic then and just got another the other day. It's not too too low but low enough to pay attention to what's happening hmu on fb yo. The name is Eric Alan harp. Thanks for all the input and shoot some pics of ur whip.

5SpeedEJ6

Respected
Registered VIP
Sorry I don't have a facebook, but follow me on Instagram I update that s**t a lot actually lol @staticseba.
Here's a pic of my car in summer mode (cuz right now she looks fugly lmao):

HockeyZombies

Respected
Take the factory header and have it internally bead blasted. It will retain factory fit, no one will know that you blasted it, and you will still pick up a few hp/tq. Many cars dont have header/manifold options and people have this done instead. Get in contact with a machine shop and see what they have done with other vehicles. Good luck