Header question

Mysteryemotionz

Registered VIP
I pulled this top half of a header from a 2000 civic vtec motor. the motor was a core return at work.

Sent from my SCH-R720 using Tapatalk

CHILD

All Day, All JDM
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
yeah and.........? :what:

CHILD

All Day, All JDM
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
just an oem ex header.

CHILD

All Day, All JDM
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
it will bolt to the head for sure, but i think you need the matching lower end of the header as well. Not sure on the lower end.

Mysteryemotionz

Registered VIP
So ill need the y8 down pipe. I'll probally have to remove or relocate my cat then. does that sound right?

CHILD

All Day, All JDM
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
yeah, because the y8 doesn't use the integrated catalytic converter. But like i said, im not sure on the downpipe, so i'd check to see if that top half bolts up to your lower to save some time and money.

Mr.Baker

Mr. Search
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
So ill need the y8 down pipe. I'll probally have to remove or relocate my cat then. does that sound right?
Yes on the downpipe, no on the cat relocation.
d15b7 equipped Civics' (92-95 Dx/Lx/Ex/Si) share the same exhaust setup as the 96-00 Ex. The integrated cat was on the 96-00 Civic Dx/Lx models as well as the 92-95 Vx.

Mysteryemotionz

Registered VIP
Yes on the downpipe, no on the cat relocation.
d15b7 equipped Civics' (92-95 Dx/Lx/Ex/Si) share the same exhaust setup as the 96-00 Ex. The integrated cat was on the 96-00 Civic Dx/Lx models as well as the 92-95 Vx.
Will it bolt up to my down pipe or is there a length difference?

Obviously this manifold is a better flowing manifold but what kind of gain if any will this give me?

I'm still collecting peaces for my mini me swap I plan on using a real header. I'm doing the mini in spring so this is just gonna be temp. I might grab a second y8 intake manifold n do both at the same time for the winter months. I already have a y8 intake manifold still attached to the head that I'm going to use for the mini me. I plan on getting that one ported n polished for the swap.