Header ?

blk456

Hi all I have a 97 LX with the y7. I bought a header from a guy that didn't want it because he was doing a h22 swap. Anyway, my question is

Will this bolt to the stock flange under the car? Thanks for the help.

MistahJuice

100% real juice
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Probably not. The lx has a exhaust manifold with the cat built in so ull need a catalytic converter off a 96-00 ex to make it work

Trekk

Registered VIP
I "think" it fits if I remeber correct, you just wont have a cat, so you'll get a check light. I haven't had someone ask me to do it for them in years, but, I think the lenghts are the same, just the cat is in a different spots. So plan to hit an exhaust shop and buy a cat, or get used to seeing the check light.

Here you go

http://www.hondacivicforum.com/forum/header-intake-exhaust-12/96-00-lx-dx-cx-hx-ex-exhaust-conversion-73237/

http://www.hondacivicforum.com/forum/drivetrain-diys-56/exhaust-conversion-lx-dx-cx-hx-ex-96-00-civic-73504/

blk456

Thanks for the replies, I pretty much knew it will fit with modification, just was curious if I could just bolt it on, and yes i know about the o2 simultors. I had a 96 dx in 2006 and it had a header on it but i didn't install it.

emerican

Registered VIP
Personally if it was me id go ahead and do the full ex exhaust swap with the cat. If you dont want the cat id still do it and throw a test pipe on it. Spark plug defoulers trick with the ex exhaust swap with a test pipe will make the check engine light go away.

ek forever guy

Registered VIP
Personally if it was me id go ahead and do the full ex exhaust swap with the cat. If you dont want the cat id still do it and throw a test pipe on it. Spark plug defoulers trick with the ex exhaust swap with a test pipe will make the check engine light go away.
This is what I did with my y7 after my y7 manifold cracked (as they often do)

You can get a good vibrant/magnaflow cat for $70-90 as well.

blk456

Cool beans, I think I'm gonna try and tackle this Wednesday.

@ek forever guy

I have a crack in mine, small exhaust leak when cold/first cranked.