Headlight bulbs..

slammed98hatch

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Just wondering what the number was for the orange turn signal bulbs in a 6th gen, and I was looking for opinions on what bulb I should get for my city light socket!

Any recommendations?

XGENRACER

5+ Year Member
The actual bulb type is 3496, but I have heard 1157 works also, if it does let me know cuz I am curious

Szady

D-Series Master
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
1157NA for the blinker bulbs. The 1157 is the clear/white bulb, the NA is the amber/orange bulb. :thumbs up

96greencivic

#1 in the Atlantic!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I love my silverstars. Clear then amber when lit.

slammed98hatch

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
96greencivic said:
I love my silverstars. Clear then amber when lit.
really? where did you get them at???? So they are clear when not on but amber colored when lit? Sounds interesting.

96greencivic

#1 in the Atlantic!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
slammed98hatch said:
really? where did you get them at???? So they are clear when not on but amber colored when lit? Sounds interesting.
Got them at Pepboys. Yes, clear when off and amber when lit. Keeping it legal. I got yanked one day just b/c of my white turn signals out back. No ticket, just a warning.

slammed98hatch

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
96greencivic said:
Got them at Pepboys. Yes, clear when off and amber when lit. Keeping it legal. I got yanked one day just b/c of my white turn signals out back. No ticket, just a warning.
Thanks bro. Could you provide the Silverstar package number, so I know which to look for when I go?

96greencivic

#1 in the Atlantic!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
slammed98hatch said:
Thanks bro. Could you provide the Silverstar package number, so I know which to look for when I go?
Sorry man. Packaging is gone. I'd just go on their website to double check the correct part number.

JDM-JNKY

In JDM We Trust
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
slammed98hatch said:
when you go to pepboy's or whatever just ask the parts person that's their job.

slammed98hatch

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
true silver, but I was assuming not all Silverstar bulbs are clear when off, and lit when on. I figured it was probably a special bulb.

96greencivic

#1 in the Atlantic!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
slammed98hatch said:
true silver, but I was assuming not all Silverstar bulbs are clear when off, and lit when on. I figured it was probably a special bulb.
They are easy to pick out. BTW, they are expensive.

chadi

chuatZ
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
the 1157s will fit with a tiny bit of persuasion...i have the silverstar1157 in my turn signals...the bulb itself is not clear, but light orage/blue...kinda like a chamaleon effect...but when lit its an amber color...the bulbs can be found at local autoparts store...

NOFX

I'm NOT eran!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Just grab the bulb out of your car, go into the store, and ask the people in there. They're supposed to know what number it is anyway. They are taught to tell bulbs apart.

--<EM1>--

boosted ftw
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
NOFX said:
Just grab the bulb out of your car, go into the store, and ask the people in there. They're supposed to know what number it is anyway. They are taught to tell bulbs apart.
amy putting down the fist :thumbs up:

Ag00Civic

5+ Year Member
it's normally pretty easy to tell what bulb you need cuz the number is 90% of the time stamped on the bulb. if not all the auto parts stores have computers to look them up.
The silverstar bulbs are like $15 I think, i dunno how much the GE bulbs are.