Headlight Connector Question

deval

Sprint/Nextel Geek
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Hey everyone...like the changes to ClubCivic...been a while since I last visited!

anyway...quick question...I put in Nokya H4 bulbs...(I know, bad move!) and after a year or so of using them, they melted the driver side headlight connector...well, just the plastic is melted off, but now the low beam doesnt work at all. The high beam works, but obviously I cant drive with those on all the time. :cry:

I ordered the plastic connector from www.hondaautomotiveparts.com, but I'm not sure if I need anything else. Can I just unsnap the melted connector, clean out the parts, and put them into the new connector, or do I need to cut the wires and splice new ones in?

Also, does anyone know a place I can find the entire connector with some wiring still on it?

Thanks! 8)

deval

Sprint/Nextel Geek
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
yeah...just wondering where can I get a connector with new wiring? I know I can take apart the melted one, and clean out the disconnects, but I would need to find a whole connector with wires, if they even sell it

Eran

It's on ass-backwards.
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
get higher voltage ones. I have the nokya ones you buy off ebay and they've worked great.

NOFX

I'm NOT eran!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
We have new headlight wiring at AAP (Advance Auto Parts). I'm sure other auto parts stores do too. They're not specially for certain cars though. Just have to hook it up, make it work.

deval

Sprint/Nextel Geek
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member

deval

Sprint/Nextel Geek
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Eran said:
get higher voltage ones. I have the nokya ones you buy off ebay and they've worked great.
with inspection coming up, its probably not worth it...stupid NJ...I'm gonna get lower wattage bulbs

j_fukin_t

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
looks like 3, 7,5 according to the illustration, and 14, 13, 14

deval

Sprint/Nextel Geek
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i see...cuz those look like just the plastics to me

deval

Sprint/Nextel Geek
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
well I actually just finished cleaning out the connectors and swapping them for the new plastic pieces, and it works perfectly fine now! thanks all =)