Headlight Ideas....

logoman

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Alright, so the guy I get my cars from went out of town today, and is going tomorrow, and the next day to find me something that I really like. I told him that I want to stay with a 7th gen. because I can't afford an 8th gen and dont want the miles that are on the 6th gens. Plus I like the look of the 7th gens over the 6th gens any day. ANYWAY, I know right off that I will be changing my headlight assembly but can't make my mind up on what I want to do. I'd like to do a retrofit but not to aware of the process or even how to go about that. Projectors are def in question, but which ones? If I don't do the retrofit, I'd probably go with the tyc projectors which are made for HIDS (my main goal is hids). But I'd really like to do a retrofit that you dont see often.....any input would be great....

Genuine Rolla

Its PETEY PETE, y0!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
hit up www.hidplanet.com and check out their forums. You'll be able to find out everything you need to know about how to do a retro fit, what projectors there are and how they project light, etc.

logoman

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Thanks a lot. I can always count on u for help in these instances.

logoman

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
So hidplanet.com will show me what I can retrofit with a 7th gen civic?

logoman

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Alright, well that site is actually perfect but I'm so new to this...has anyone seen any retrofits on a 7th gen are nice?? And if so, could you post some pics?

nyghtryder

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
just to let you know tyc's are not intended for hid use. however they work great with hid kits, but the projetor is not a hid projector. ive been told that you can request them to make you a set with hid projectors in them though.

logoman

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Well i was looking on the forum at hidplanet and it seemed like Everyone on there knew what they were doing as far as retrofitting and everything. They were customizing like every little piece of the headlight assembly and really making them one of a kind's which is what I'd love to do but I really don't want to spend all that money just to f**k them up. Should I not attempt this if I really don't know what I'm doing? And I didn't know they weren't made for hids. It makes since that they wouldn't necessarily be made for hids considering hids are more of a luxury than a necessity but you say they work good with hids? What would really be the dif. if I had hid lenses put on them?

96greencivic

#1 in the Atlantic!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member

Thats about I want. But its all custom done. Something an amateur to headlights shouldn't try?
Holy crap.......that looks really good. I'd pay someone to install those onto my 04.