headlight suggestion

TattooedFish

I spent 2 hours using one of those mothers headlight assembly repair. I don't know if I didn't do something right but it didn't look much better. Im thinking of just replacing the headlights with new ones. I was looking for a suggestion of where and should I go with the blacked out si type headlights

JCCLARK

The Painter
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
What are you trying to do?
Get the haze off?

lowlife9

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
if they have deep pitting and chips nothing is really going to get them out i would suggest you get a 3M headlight kit it uses 3 stages of sanding then a polish instead of just a polish which most headlight kits use. the kit sells at walmart for around 20 dollars.

TattooedFish

The mothers kit had 4 stage sand paper pads. it had a lot of spider cracks in it along with haze. I am thinking just replacing them to save me the trouble. I have seen a few different ones online since im getting some new ones im thinking about straying from stock.

hondahappiness

5+ Year Member
wet sand with 600, 800, 1000, 1500, and 2500 then buff with wax. if that doesnt get it out, then your going to have to replace the headlights

emerican

Registered VIP
Yeah if that didnt do it its replace time. oem style all clear black housed headlights look good IMO, but thats just me.

JohnS.

BANGARANG
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
You won't fix spider cracks. If the headlight is literally cracked, you're too late. Hazing is what is fixable since it is on the surface.

TattooedFish

Thanks guys I appreciate the input ima go looking around and see what I can find as far as a replacement headlight

emerican

Registered VIP
I know you can get the black housed ones on ebay for like 90 just have to reseal them so no moisture gets in.

emerican

Registered VIP
Damn thats a good deal is it on ebay?
I havent looked on there in forever so im sure you could find cheaper than 90.
If there ebay just make sure you reseal them before you put them on.
Post a link up to the ones you found for 40 bucks if you dont mind.

TattooedFish

Damn thats a good deal is it on ebay?
I havent looked on there in forever so im sure you could find cheaper than 90.
If there ebay just make sure you reseal them before you put them on.
Post a link up to the ones you found for 40 bucks if you dont mind.

actually I miss qouted that price, after shipping it turns out around 60.00 I went ahead and got a combo deal that included the HID kit.

However I am going to wait until I can get some projectors from retrofitsource.com before I install them it pisses me off when people blind me so I don't feel like returning that favor.

emerican

Registered VIP
Still not too bad of a price.
Link on the 60 dollar ones?
props for not blinding people man lol