Headlights bulbs

FoxfireEK

I would like to start by saying I know where the search button is and I have tried to find this but all I get is HID's. My question is what are the brightest headlight bulbs that I can use without HID? I don't need to blind people just brighter lights.

JohnS.

BANGARANG
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
i googled this : Brightest h4 headlight bulb

frist websight: http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/products/products/203974/bulb_test_h4_blue.html

it says

Verdict

Best blue buys go to Osram and Philips.

Blue
1. Osram Cool Blue
2. Philips BlueVision

Top 3

Osram Cool Blue
Philips BlueVision
Max Power's White 'n' Bright

:party2:
None of those.

Philips Xtreme Power's or Osram Night Breakers. Rated at +100% and +90% (respectively). I had the Philips XTP's and they are VERY bright for halogens. Both are rated at stock wattage as well and are legal.

You can get them at www.powerbulbs.com. They're a UK based company but ship fast for international.

THEDARKONE

Registered VIP
None of those.

Philips Xtreme Power's or Osram Night Breakers. Rated at +100% and +90% (respectively). I had the Philips XTP's and they are VERY bright for halogens. Both are rated at stock wattage as well and are legal.

You can get them at www.powerbulbs.com. They're a UK based company but ship fast for international.
so Philips Xtreme Power's are the brightest and are legal?

95CTR

52mpg? I do it all day.
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
i cant remeber what the type is but i used the 55watt Hella H4 bulds for about 2 years until one blew out on me. and i was broke went back to normal 20.00 silvainas and i was like :'( cause they blow balls,

although i might google some of the above mentioned and see whats up with tehm.

and also @ thedarkone .... thoes blue ones really arent as brite as the pure white ones, the higher you go in the heat range the less actual light output they have.

Mr.Baker

Mr. Search
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
IPF X2 or X3 are the brightest bulbs i've ever seen, but they aren't cheap... They are mainly used on Rallye cars
That's the other thing, ppl want cheap and bright/good quality bulbs.
Well be prepared to shell some $ out for them.

Billy.

Has returned ;-)
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
no, the XXX comes with a new wire harness. the XX uses the factory harness I believe, but it's still probably wise to get a new one

personally, i wouldnt go 4800k. I would go less than 4200k, probably even 3200k. The higher on the color spectrum the more energy it takes to make the same output, and the hotter the burn temperature which can affect the headlight lense and socket. Also, your eyes are better suited for colors lower on the spectrum for night time driving

the 3200K XXX "fat boy" low wattage bulb is still more than 2x stock wattage as far as brightness output. that's probably the route I would go.. $90 shipped

*edit*
the X4 is a long life bulb and also comes in 3200K for $10 more than the X3

*edit again*
sorry if I am confusing you, X3 = XXX. I just interchanged the lingo

Last edited:

95CTR

52mpg? I do it all day.
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
no, the XXX comes with a new wire harness. the XX uses the factory harness I believe, but it's still probably wise to get a new one

personally, i wouldnt go 4800k. I would go less than 4200k, probably even 3200k. The higher on the color spectrum the more energy it takes to make the same output, and the hotter the burn temperature which can affect the headlight lense and socket. Also, your eyes are better suited for colors lower on the spectrum for night time driving

the 3200K XXX "fat boy" low wattage bulb is still more than 2x stock wattage as far as brightness output. that's probably the route I would go.. $90 shipped

*edit*
the X4 is a long life bulb and also comes in 3200K for $10 more than the X3

*edit again*
sorry if I am confusing you, X3 = XXX. I just interchanged the lingo

yeah i think im actually just ganna rock stocky's till i do my retro, lol its easier lol.

JohnS.

BANGARANG
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
I wouldn't run the stock harness with those bulbs... 60W/80W = 130W/170W, 150W..... Holy yikes..... Plus I can't imagine how much that would blind the s**t out of someone.

IMHO, you're better off using Philips XTP's or Osram Night Breakers.

THEDARKONE

Registered VIP
I wouldn't run the stock harness with those bulbs... 60W/80W = 130W/170W, 150W..... Holy yikes..... Plus I can't imagine how much that would blind the s*** out of someone.

IMHO, you're better off using Philips XTP's or Osram Night Breakers.
^^^ :word: