headlights just stopped.........

2.0crx

5+ Year Member
So my friend was driving my rex, and i was following him, he had my lights on and than i noticed they shut off and than came back on about 5 seconds later, than 2 blocks down they were off again, and he pulled over, and what happened was the driving lights were on and than they just went out so he turned the brights on and they worked for a little bit than they went too, and now my headlights wont turn on. corners and tail's work just fine, and all my gauges light up just like they should, i went through the fuses under the hood and under the dash and every one was good. Checked the bulbs and they are fine also,unplugged the plugs to the lights and plugged them back in and still nothing........im lost and dont know what to do or check. can sombody help....please... Thanks in Advance....

Steven.

Formally Green 91
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
check fuses

Last edited:

si-hatch86

undesputed slowhatch
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
one of my head lights did this on my 89' ed hatch, it turned out to be that the ground wire that runs from the bulb clip to a lil black box mounted right on the inside of the engine bay, get a light tester and check it.

K2_civic

Fo-drizzle!!!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
did you make sure that your friend turned the headlight switch all the way on?

2.0crx

5+ Year Member
ok two of you guys didnt read..............yes i said all fuses are good, checked them with a multi-meter and im not gonna say anything about the switch being all the way on...............if you would of read it you would have your answered your question. now about that box i'll have to follow my headlight wires to the box and check voltage on both sides.......

si-hatch86

undesputed slowhatch
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
TippinOver said:
check relays
thats what i was talkin bout, couldnt think of what it was but yea check if u got power on both sides of the relay on both headlights, atleast thats what the problem was for me:what:. and also i have heard that the clips for the lights go bad also u can check for power where the light connects to the clip,

EG_CaSe

ScAre CrOw
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
si-hatch86 said:
one of my head lights did this on my 89' ed hatch, it turned out to be that the ground wire that runs from the bulb clip to a lil black box mounted right on the inside of the engine bay, get a light tester and check it.
Im with him check the relay for both of your lights..