Heads up: Beware of these fake apexi turbo timers...!

Black Sheep Performance

5+ Year Member
That is pretty tough on Apex-i and I feel bad for them.

On the other hand the way they try to say that there's any real danger in counter-fit turbo timers is quite funny, they even list electrical fire ;) heh. A turbo timer is a turbo timer, it's not real rocket science ya know?

Oh well, hope they catch the guys up to no good.

bizoneoeh

Ex-Gang Member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
The real question is. Does the fake one work as good as the real one? That's all that really matters

Black Sheep Performance

5+ Year Member
bizoneoeh said:
The real question is. Does the fake one work as good as the real one? That's all that really matters
Well I'm sure it does - it's not as if there's any real magical workings to a timer anyhow. Now if they do use falty materials and they fail that would be dissapointing. I'm sure Apex-i receives them everyday in the mail for repairs and they refuse warranty, tough break for the unknowing customers.

io_303

NIFOC
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
bizoneoeh said:
if you read, its missing some features like the O2 readings and the parking break switch

bizoneoeh

Ex-Gang Member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
io_303 said:
if you read, its missing some features like the O2 readings and the parking break switch
Oh, I really dont like to read :D

oc_civic

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
9. A/F Monitor - On the counterfeit Turbo Timer, the A/F Function does not work. It reads 14.6 all of the time.

10. Parking Brake Safety - On the counterfeit Auto Timer, the Parking Brake Safety Function does not work. If you release the handbrake, the engine will continue idling which could lead a collision and/or physical injury.

fake s**t sucks end of story... it obviously does not work correctly as per the site info..

bizoneoeh

Ex-Gang Member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Black Sheep Performance said:
Well I'm sure it does - it's not as if there's any real magical workings to a timer anyhow. Now if they do use falty materials and they fail that would be dissapointing. I'm sure Apex-i receives them everyday in the mail for repairs and they refuse warranty, tough break for the unknowing customers.
Can you recomend a good, cheap, not fake turbo timer. You see, I'm still using my ghetto timer (me waiting to turn off my car) I go on ebay and find a bunch of timers and don't know wich one to get :???: I'm just lookin for something small and that does the trick, nothing fancy. And do you carry them?

Black Sheep Performance

5+ Year Member
I do carry turbo timers and as said before they all perform the same function. As you can see the APEX-I does have other features that some might like to have, for most they are unnecessary though depending on what other instruments you are running in your car. I would suggest using any of the following for your setup:

-HKS

Type-0 is a basic turbo timer that basically does it's job, nothing more nothing less.

Type-1, the Type-1 offers you the ability to see your RPM's and Vehicle speed within the display, again I feel this may be unnecessary for some applications.

-Apex-i

The Auto-Timer is a nice, small design. It does the typical function of a timer and also boats it can read theoretical air/fuel ratio through the o2 sensor. I don't know that I would depend on this reading.

-Blitz

*FATT DC features a built in lap timer, in-car temperature display and battery voltage. The lap timer is a nice feature.

*DUAL CC includes the same features as the FATT DC (excepting battery voltage and in-car temp display) plus a boost pressure display, peak boost, and over boost warning.

-Greddy

*Full Auto Timer offers the standard features of a timer as well as a stopwatch/lap time and attack modes along with a built in voltmeter and speedometer.

banzai

Exit Speed Garage
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
turbo timers are worthless anyway. If you don't have 30 seconds to wait in your car, you need to leave earlier =)

waste of 100 dollars imo...and another excuse for a break in.

j_fukin_t

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
banzai said:
turbo timers are worthless anyway. If you don't have 30 seconds to wait in your car, you need to leave earlier =)

waste of 100 dollars imo...and another excuse for a break in.
amen, ppl always look for s**t to steal, some ppl might not have that time, so it would be usefull to them