heaten the tires

got traction

i rock the sohc
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
oh they are running axles that cost more than my entire car.. yeah.. they should hold up.. ;)
kinda spendy, but trans/driveline in FWD is the most expensive part about going fast without breaking s**t.

Not really. Hyabusas/Kawasaki ZX14's will pull 9's completely stock all day long. How many stock cars will do that? There only limiting factors are they have no downforce tracton and poor braking compared to cars that just have more rubber on the ground.
ok, im not trying to get into this whole argument with you about stock bikes blah blah blah.....Your statement was that you run high 10's on your bike, i called your bluff and now your talking about busas and poor braking :roll:

Mad Dog Tannen

Registered VIP
kinda spendy, but trans/driveline in FWD is the most expensive part about going fast without breaking s**t.

ok, im not trying to get into this whole argument with you about stock bikes blah blah blah.....Your statement was that you run high 10's on your bike, i called your bluff and now your talking about busas and poor braking :roll:
Called my bluff huh?

http://www.sportrider.com/performance_numbers/146_motorcycle_performance_numbers/honda.html

Way in the tens! Per sports rider magazine. Just like I said.

Mad Dog Tannen

Registered VIP
Wow... no need to get butthurt ;)

If someone's trying to pick on you, you always have the ignore member option on this forum.
Just defending my credibility. I am always down for a good debate.:D

vjf915

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
Just defending my credibility. I am always down for a good debate.:D
I am not trying to deny your claims, but often times a machine is more capable than its user. I am sure that your bike is capable of being a fast bike, but that does not mean that YOU are fast on your bike. Post up some 1/4 mile times and I will believe that YOU can run 10's on your bike.

31dev31

Chillin' Canadian Member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
I am not trying to deny your claims, but often times a machine is more capable than its user. I am sure that your bike is capable of being a fast bike, but that does not mean that YOU are fast on your bike. Post up some 1/4 mile times and I will believe that YOU can run 10's on your bike.
x2.

There's a big difference in having a fast car/bike and being a fast driver.

vjf915

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
And when that happens, post up your numbers. I would be willing to bet that unless you have previous experience, you will be running high, maybe mid 11's if your bike is capable of running low 10's. It is not an insult against you, it is just a simple fact.

Mad Dog Tannen

Registered VIP
I am done. This is going in a direction that I don't like. I was talking about the capability of my bike and it's turned into a discussion on my skill as a 20 year motorcycle rider. I don't even care about drag racing. I like to track race.

31dev31

Chillin' Canadian Member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
I am done. This is going in a direction that I don't like. I was talking about the capability of my bike and it's turned into a discussion on my skill as a 20 year motorcycle rider. I don't even care about drag racing. I like to track race.
:smackself: and you brought up the topic of how your bike was fast.

When I ride my bike, people know not to race me!:D

got traction

i rock the sohc
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Called my bluff huh?

http://www.sportrider.com/performance_numbers/146_motorcycle_performance_numbers/honda.html

Way in the tens! Per sports rider magazine. Just like I said.
you said YOUR bike runs high 10's. and 10.70's isnt really WAY into the 10's :lol:

And when that happens, post up your numbers. I would be willing to bet that unless you have previous experience, you will be running high, maybe mid 11's if your bike is capable of running low 10's. It is not an insult against you, it is just a simple fact.
ding ding ding.

Mad Dog, if you were to get into our B series outlaw car that runs 8.80's, I guarantee you would not run an 8 second pass...you would probably not run a 9 second pass. Just because the car, or in this case bike, is able to run a specific number does not mean squat. This is one of the biggest misconceptions about drag racing. The time 10.75 @ 127mph that is posted by sport rider is a professional driver on a very well prepped track. That is not always going to be the case.

Mad Dog Tannen

Registered VIP
you said YOUR bike runs high 10's. and 10.70's isnt really WAY into the 10's :lol:

ding ding ding.

Mad Dog, if you were to get into our B series outlaw car that runs 8.80's, I guarantee you would not run an 8 second pass...you would probably not run a 9 second pass. Just because the car, or in this case bike, is able to run a specific number does not mean squat. This is one of the biggest misconceptions about drag racing. The time 10.75 @ 127mph that is posted by sport rider is a professional driver on a very well prepped track. That is not always going to be the case.
...ding ding ding

Refer to my previous post

Drag racing is for fast cars
Track racing is for fast drivers

31dev31

Chillin' Canadian Member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
...ding ding ding

Refer to my previous post

WOW, now you're talking about track racing, when you were talking about how your bike was fast in the quarter mile :smackself:

It takes a good driver to drive a fast car, to claim it is a fast car. End of story.

lil95ex

Ha yea, they are so stupid. They don't like being passed so they pass you....so stupid. So you show how much better than them you are by......passing them?
that and it gives me a chance to just open my car up and let it go i dont get a chance to do that very often since i dont have a track within like 30 minutes of my house and im not the biggest fan of racing on the road cause i have a family and would hate to se sommeone think they can drive and end up driving into a family members car

vjf915

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
This is just a fancy saying that doesn't mean s**t. Just because a Honda can't do it doesn't mean it doesn't take talent. Drag racing DOES take talent.
that and it gives me a chance to just open my car up and let it go i dont get a chance to do that very often since i dont have a track within like 30 minutes of my house and im not the biggest fan of racing on the road cause i have a family and would hate to se sommeone think they can drive and end up driving into a family members car

got traction

i rock the sohc
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Is there a IROC competition for drag racing or an equivalent?
well, IROC no longer exists, and yes there are multiple events similar to the point your failing to prove.

IFO, BOTI, NSCRA, NOPI, CMI <- all "competitions" that have multiple dates.

I dont think you realize how big honda drag racing is, or what some of these cars are runing in the 1320

paulx022

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
well, IROC no longer exists, and yes there are multiple events similar to the point your failing to prove.

IFO, BOTI, NSCRA, NOPI, CMI <- all "competitions" that have multiple dates.

I dont think you realize how big honda drag racing is, or what some of these cars are runing in the 1320
maddog got raped!