HELP!! Car won't start - clicking!!

dementor

5+ Year Member
Hey guys,
I have an 2000 civic coupe...
I left my headlights one for 5-10 mins to reallign them, then when I went to start up my car it wouldn't start. It tries to turn over once, then just makes fast CLICKING noises. :x

Here are my guesses:
1- battery
2- alternator
3- starter

Can anyone tell me exactly what it is ?

Matt.

Banned
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
battery... let it sit for a good amount of time... then try and start it up. If that doesn't work... get a new battery. That clicking is the power left in the battery, but not enough to start the car.

lsvtecEK4

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
get a jumpstart and let it run for 15 minutes. dont NEED a new battery lol. unless that little bit of drain f**ked it completely

NFR_AP2

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
battery's dead, i just got a new one today

Matt.

Banned
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
get a jumpstart and let it run for 15 minutes. dont NEED a new battery lol. unless that little bit of drain f**ked it completely
with the battery draining that quick, its pretty safe to say the battery cells were pretty much dead.

dementor

5+ Year Member
I jumped it this morning, started up no problem.
It is definitely the battery, if it dies after 5 mins of the lights being on it is definitely not holding enough charge. I'll pickup a new one today.
My 00 civic needs a 51R right?

dementor

5+ Year Member
Hey guys, one last question. What is the best way to clean off the battery connections? Is there some sort of solution I can use orr just use a wire brush and reattach?
Also, is there some special way for me to swap out the battery, or can i litterally just unbolt and bolt in the new one?

dementor

5+ Year Member
If it's your starter you can tap it with a hammer and tyr to start the car.... or if its manual you can even rock your car until it starts.... you'll still need to get the starter replaced/fixed though.

Back on topic: I bought a signature kirkland battery at costco, anyone have any opinions on these?

ikillradio

If it's your starter you can tap it with a hammer and tyr to start the car.... or if its manual you can even rock your car until it starts.... you'll still need to get the starter replaced/fixed though.

Back on topic: I bought a signature kirkland battery at costco, anyone have any opinions on these?
costco always has great warranties. I have one, only lets me down when i leave the fogs on :oops:

got traction

i rock the sohc
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member

my starter took a s**t on me lastweek.....sucks having to push start your car :lol: