help!...failed power door locks/window/e-brake

praxis

5+ Year Member
hey guys, i am a novice at best at this techinical stuff so i was hoping some of you more experienced honda heads could hit me with some info as to how to fix a couple problems i'm having. they are minor to be sure, but they are annoying as well.

first,
my power door locks are not functioning. when i use that little tab on the driver's door to lock/unlock the doors, only the driver's door lock responds. all of the other 3 are no longer working, they must be manually locked/unlocked. same thing goes for when i use the keyless function on my alarm.

second,
my rear passenger side power window only works if i use the control attached to that specific door. the one on my driver's door that controls all four windows works great for the other three, but is spotty for that particular window. sometimes it works, most times it doesn't.

third,
my BRAKE light keeps going on and off. its the light that signifies that your e-brake is up, but it lights up even when its down and i'm driving. is it just a sensor thing, or am i in some sort of trouble because my brake will fail?

so that's the extent of my electrical problems for now. hope you guys can give me a little insight as to what i have to do. thanks in advance.

silverctr

Whaddaya lookin' at?
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I would check the fuses and then the actual connections to the switches and locks. For the brake light, check your brake fluid cuz you might be a little low.