HELP full D16Y8 swap in EG civic DX (92)

Clutch93Civic

Hey everyone, i am currently in a stump here, you guys wouldn't believe the crap i went through in the past 2 weeks. So i brought a full 2000 EX swap, block, heads, tranny, axles, etc. i wanted to put it in my car, and we did so and hooked up sensors and antifreeze lines, but something just wasn't right. There were sensors not connected, the IAT sensor was not connected and like my mechanic gives up easily, and my car started mixing the antifreeze inside the cylinder heads with the oil and my mechanic decided to give me a "better" motor. Which i HAD a D15B7, now i have a D15B8 with a whopping 70hp and 93 torque, i do not wana know the specs to the wheels lol. But i got the D16y8 in my room, wrapped in ceramic wrap and im just cleaning out the parts makikng them clean and perfect for when i try this swap again, but with a REAL mechanic. My question is, we had the conversion harness, from OBD-2 to OBD-1. What the heck am i doing wrong? its like all the sensors dont hook up into the intake manifold from the Y8 head, and now im stuck with a doo-doo motor thats an 8 valve. I heard you have to drill a hole in the back of the y8 manifold in order to attatch the IAT sensor. Also i have V-TEC wires and stuff, but i rather keep them disconnected until i see if my swap works. I see people who did this swap are happy and all that, props to them because i dont know what to do right now. Any help is appreciated please, oh! and i also removed the oil jet from the block in order to run V-TEC, anyone please stop me if im wrong, when i started the car for the first time, it felt like the car was losing power, the motor kept studdering at 1,500 RPM's sounding port and polished when it wasnt. the sound souded like "trat trat trat trat trat" i drove it and all, but white smoke appeared to come out my exhaust that smoked up the whole block. Any body have ideas? or who did the swap and had the same problems and fixed it?

AnimeKid

First you need to make sure you have the correct wiring harness and ecu and tcm. Second as far as the noise goes it could simply be the valves need adjusting or could be a rod knock. If the sound is more of a high pitched ticking its most likely valves, or it could be your fuel injectors are extremely gummed up. If it is a deep dat dat noise it could be a bent rod. The white smoke could be a number of things such as the engine sat to long and built up oil deposits or antifreeze is leaking into the engine again.

AnimeKid

Id recommend getting some zmax engine treatment. Its fuel injector cleaner and oil cleaner.

sohclubkid

Sick 6/6
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
not all of the sensors will hook up... the IAT being one of them. just connect it and let it hang. it wont throw a code.

any other questions, feel free to PM me... i have pretty much the same swap in my car.

AnimeKid

The smoking could also be blown rings caused from to much pressure being built up in the engine. Ive seen it alot on turboed cars and sometimes with NA motors. The rings pretty much give and poof out the exhaust and the gas and oil mix and thus white plumes of smoke out the exhaust.

sohclubkid

Sick 6/6
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
The smoking could also be blown rings caused from to much pressure being built up in the engine. Ive seen it alot on turboed cars and sometimes with NA motors. The rings pretty much give and poof out the exhaust and the gas and oil mix and thus white plumes of smoke out the exhaust.
the smoke would be grey if it was gas/oil.
white smoke is coolant.