help passing emissions!

oandy1010

So pretty much I drive a 91 civic dx sedan with a b16a first gen, I gutted my cat, then moved to my hometown where I forgot I had to pass emissions. Here is what I got at the emissions test.. also they put me in as a 1.5 and I only drove like a mile after I got off work to get it done so the car was not hot at all.. thinking of welding a temp. Cat on, changing my o2's, and running some seafoam. Ideas? Need to pass soon

gugiey

Registered VIP
tune up and install new cat .

oandy1010

I did a full tune up about a thousand miles ago. After cat should I advance or retard timing? And would using regular gas instead of premium make a diff?

RonJ

Banned
What exactly did the tune up consist of?

Set the ignition timing exactly to spec -- red mark aligned with pointer.

Use regular 87 octane gas.

oandy1010

Well, I replaced my cat, did an oil change, changed spark plugs, used a can of seafoam, got my engine pretty hot before the test, and even put a little denatured alcohol in my tank. After all that my nox reasoned are still around 2000 and they need to be 1000.... What the Hell can I do. I have tried everything now

oandy1010

Okay so now iam desperate... Anyone know if installing an aftermarket exhaust will help? Cause I currently have a horrible self made exhaust... And it has a gap right after the headers.