Help with firefox

Going-West

Tree people on my radio
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
So I'm basically computer illiterate and I need to download this plugin for firefox. It's for windows media and this is it's name MIME type application/x-drm-v2

Firefox can't find it automatically, and the places I try to download it from all just send me to download windows media player 9, which I already have. I looked in my plugin's folder, and it wasn't there even after I re-downloaded windows media player....any help? I have a mac iBookG4 btw, OS X version 10.4.2. Thanks!

Vtecademics

Senior Lurker
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
This may be a dumb question, but are you downloading os x compatible plug-ins?

Going-West

Tree people on my radio
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
That's part of the problem, all the places I've found to download them for OS X just link me to download windows media player 9 which I already have...

$lick Rick

TEOTWAWKI
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
one of the sites i download allot from ( www.mrtwig.net ) has all of the updated codecs
http://mrtwig.net/tools.html#codecs
there's the links... i'm gonna go pass out frum the drunkness now... and enjoy the links to dload every southpark episode in dvd qualit... you ddint get them from me...

oh yes j0oooooO did!

JiuJitsu_greg

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Blahman240 said:
Google, do you use it?
how about help, do you give it? or maybe. . . an a*****e, are you? what you need is a program called flip4mac. it will allows you to run .wmv files with quicktime and you will be able to watch all of the videos that are attachd to webpages.

Going-West

Tree people on my radio
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Blahman240 said:
Google, do you use it?
Yes, I do and I couldn't really find what I needed so I thought I'd make this thread for help. Thanks anyway :cool:

Going-West

Tree people on my radio
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I downloaded flip4mac and it still wasn't working...I guess I'll just tweak around some more thanks for your help =)

And thanks Todd for the drunken south park link :lol:

JiuJitsu_greg

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
apple also has codec packs on there website you should probably download all the codecs for quick time. You might also think about getting vlc media player. It will play most files quicktime and windows media player cant.