help with idle?

eg_b16

I need help.with my b16 so the car right now idled at 1000 rpm and it rock back and fourth, I've tried some of the stuff on here looked for leaks nothing I covers the throttle and it shuts down if some one can help I'd appreciate it thanks

THEDARKONE

Registered VIP
whaen was the last time you changed the oil?

have you checked the trottal cable??

eg_b16

Changed the oil about two weeks ago the line looks good... And no cel

eg_b16

Right away I can't drive it the engine has no power iy takes.a while for it to pick up speed and it backfires

codeman76

First check your ignition timing to make sure it lines up. If you can't get it to line up at all then your mechanical timing is off.

RoidBear

UrbanSleepers
Registered VIP
Sounds like the problem my sister had on her car. Check that your spark plugs aren't burnt too bad. Her Civic started sounding like a V8 muscle car, that's how bad it was idling and it would also die all of a sudden without a CEL ever coming up. Try replacing the spark plugs with some NGK's to find out if that fixes the problem.

808xtreme808

Check your AC condenser fan. (driver side) if it doesn't turn on when your stopped your car will idle really bad. Does the idle improve with the AC off? Also others have removed their IACV and cleaned it out with carb cleaner and put it back on. To fix poor idle issues. Good luck.

RonJ

Banned
How can anyone help you diagnose this problem if we have no idea about your car, engine, or mods?

Does your engine have an FITV? If so, click the FITV link in my signature.

Does the CEL work?