HELP with my engine please ASAP!!!

Kid.Willy.EF9

hey Guys! i have a question... so i had a blown head gasket on my engine so i bought a head that came out of a rebuild engine wich is the same as mine a D15B7 but he took the head straight from the block and the head look fine and everything without problems also without touching any valve or anything.. he just took the studs off and then the head so i want to know if i still have to send the head to a machined shop to rectify it or can i just put it in like that? help me please! and thank you!:?::?::?::?::?::?::?::?::?:

Kensai

♪♫♪♫♪~
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
Have the machine shop check it...

Kid.Willy.EF9

ohhhh so i'll have to take it to a machined shop jst for a check or rectify it?
sorry about those kind of questions but im new with D-series

Kensai

♪♫♪♫♪~
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
Machine shop will probably charge you just to check it but chances are it will save you a lot more money and headaches in the long run

Kid.Willy.EF9

ohhhh alrite thanx a lot man!!!!!
n i have another question
do you know some place where i can get good and durable head gasket? because someone told me that it's a place where they sell after-marker gasket but i don't know if is that true?

2NRSTV

Team Exile/ADO Garage
Registered VIP
ohhhh alrite thanx a lot man!!!!!
n i have another question
do you know some place where i can get good and durable head gasket? because someone told me that it's a place where they sell after-marker gasket but i don't know if is that true?
Hey. So I found you an aftermarket head gasket. It's made by a company called Bishimoto Engineering. It's a 76-79mm Head Gasket. I think your stock spec is about 68mm or so. Make sure that I'm right about the spec and that a 76-79mm gasket is what you want cuz it's gonna lower your compression ratio if stock spec is indeed 68mm.

Here's the Link
http://bisimoto.net/store/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=3_116_120&zenid=ajs3jt8krvm4jaa1j3pc8j81p0

Kid.Willy.EF9

Hey. So I found you an aftermarket head gasket. It's made by a company called Bishimoto Engineering. It's a 76 to 79mm Head Gasket. I think your stock spec is about 68mm or so. Make sure that I'm right about the spec and that a 76 to 79mm gasket is what you want cuz it's gonna lower your compression ratio if stock spec is indeed 68mm. that's the help that i got!
But my question would be witch gasket will be better for my stock engine?
76mm, 77mm, 78mm, 79mm? Help please!

2NRSTV

Team Exile/ADO Garage
Registered VIP
Hey. So I found you an aftermarket head gasket. It's made by a company called Bishimoto Engineering. It's a 76 to 79mm Head Gasket. I think your stock spec is about 68mm or so. Make sure that I'm right about the spec and that a 76 to 79mm gasket is what you want cuz it's gonna lower your compression ratio if stock spec is indeed 68mm. that's the help that i got!
But my question would be witch gasket will be better for my stock engine?
76mm, 77mm, 78mm, 79mm? Help please!
Actually, I was pretty tired when I was writing my first one. They've gotta mean .76mm, because 76mm is actually huge, 70mm is the size of a decent size Performance Throttle Body. But anyway. I found out that the D15B7 head gasket it actually about 0.048 inches which would be about 1.29mm. So you would want to go with the .79mm head gasket which is 0.031 inches.
Stock, you're compression ratio is 9.28:1 I think. With a .79mm Head Gasket you'll be at 9.46:1. You might want to call the company and see if they would recommend the the .79mm head gasket for a stock engine and if they do in fact mean 79mm and not .79mm.

2NRSTV

Team Exile/ADO Garage
Registered VIP
Actually, I was pretty tired when I was writing my first one. They've gotta mean .76mm, because 76mm is actually huge, 70mm is the size of a decent size Performance Throttle Body. But anyway. I found out that the D15B7 head gasket it actually about 0.048 inches which would be about 1.29mm. So you would want to go with the .79mm head gasket which is 0.031 inches.
Stock, you're compression ratio is 9.28:1 I think. With a .79mm Head Gasket you'll be at 9.46:1. You might want to call the company and see if they would recommend the the .79mm head gasket for a stock engine and if they do in fact mean 79mm and not .79mm.
LMAO. It's like 2:30AM. If you look above, I'm completely wrong. By 76mm, they're most likely talking about the BORE, not the thickness. LOL. Okay, stock, you are a 75mm Bore so 76mm would be your best bet, but you'll have to up your bore by 1mm though. It's not too much metal off the block though.
Sorry for the mis-information earlier. But call the company and make sure I'm right.

devo1104

5+ Year Member
also, i would check to see if you could just do an engine swap. if you car had been over heating for a while, you could have warped your block so even if the head is good, your block wont be. i had that problem on my d16y8 and it ended up being cheaper to swap in a new block. if you find a good shop, they can swap a new motor in for you in only a few hours.

Kid.Willy.EF9

ohhhh thanx guys! i'm actually thinking on just do a swap! but i want to make a D16Y8 or a D16ZC something Vtech but still on the D-series... but i need to know if a P28 ECU would b a good option 4 it or what ECU can i use?

Kid.Willy.EF9

ok i just found a D16ZC no vtech n i want to know if that would work with my D15B7 harness n ECU because i know my tranny will fit but i wnat to know if the wiring and ECU can be uses from a D15B7? help plz because i want to get my car runnig!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Kensai

♪♫♪♫♪~
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
Just get an OEM headgasket, they are the best by far from my experience. And it's vtec not vtech...

2NRSTV

Team Exile/ADO Garage
Registered VIP
Just get an OEM headgasket, they are the best by far from my experience. And it's vtec not vtech...
Yeah, that's true. With all the crap I'm running, I still have the stock head gasket. You shouldn't have to worry about a performance head gasket if you're stock. It's just overkill. The head gasket blew because something was terribly wrong with another system of your engine.

Kid.Willy.EF9

Thanx guys! but i just found a D16ZC no vtech n i want to know if that would work with my D15B7 harness n ECU because i know my tranny will fit but i wnat to know if the wiring and ECU can be uses from a D15B7? help plz because i want to get my car runnig!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!