HELP with N1 spoon catback replica

ej8coupe

Need some serious help here. Ordered the N1 Spoon replica cat back and was told it would be a straight fit (EJ8 coupe) Unfortunately, I have gone to fit it and it seems that the cat is too long and is pushing the whole system back too far thus making my backbox sit wonky and to the left which is making the flange not line up properly.

Now, I am pretty certain that buying an adjustable de-cat pipe will solve this issue as I can adjust it and get the overall length right. BUT I was wondering if there is any other way to keep it a catback system rather than a decat if It were to be to loud etc?

NB; UK spec ej8

Wreckless Hype

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Need some serious help here. Ordered the N1 Spoon replica cat back and was told it would be a straight fit (EJ8 coupe) Unfortunately, I have gone to fit it and it seems that the cat is too long and is pushing the whole system back too far thus making my backbox sit wonky and to the left which is making the flange not line up properly.

Now, I am pretty certain that buying an adjustable de-cat pipe will solve this issue as I can adjust it and get the overall length right. BUT I was wondering if there is any other way to keep it a catback system rather than a decat if It were to be to loud etc?

NB; UK spec ej8
Take it to an exhaust shop, have them cut the pipe and weld a new flange on so it's the proper length.

Sadly, this is the struggle with buying cheap knock offs.