Hecz

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
good buy if

1. no rust on body
2. no body/frame damage from accident
3. motor+Trans in working condition and well maintained.

R3dline

Respected
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
i would never trust a car some kid threw a motor in.

colecivic

i would say NO...be patient keep looking u can find a better car even FOR A CHEAPER price..if u keep looking..dont go with the first car you like...

Jersey8

B20: Detroit Muscle!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
wouldnt pay anything over 2500 no telling how hard it was driven or how well the maintence was kept up on and come on red door jambs lmao just saying.
:word:
i probably wouldn't pay anymore than $2500 for an EG, and thats even pushing it. i'll be lucky to get $3000 for my EJ lol

akarobbb

it's all good guys, i found a stock teal ej1 for $1800 super cleannnnnn. picking it up tomorrow. i'll post pics.

alex_n/a

stocker
:word:
i probably wouldn't pay anymore than $2500 for an EG, and thats even pushing it. i'll be lucky to get $3000 for my EJ lol
I wonder if i overpaid for my hatchback. :/ I didn't even bother talking the seller down 500$ less than his asking price. I just thought it was a good deal and I wanted a midori green civic. live and learn I guess lol

Blood_Shot

Banned
Registered VIP
THIS IS EXACTLY WHY IT IS HARD FOR ME TO WALK AWAY!!! Idk how many of you guys are in florida but i looked at at least 6 civics yesterday. 4 ej2's and 2 ej1's. They were all crappy to the point where I would have to redo the interior, NEED a new paint job, replace headlight because they weren't even the same on both sides, and EVERY SINGLE ONE have a broken taillights like wtf. And these guys were charging upwards of $3000 for those POS's. The best engine out of all of them was a D16z6. One the other hand this one is clean with a good swap, interior is mint, all the windows, sunroof work, he even left all the a/c parts so all i would need is a belt. Idk if their are cleaner civics in your states but the ones here suck ass.
You are looking at it wrong. You kept looking at cars that dumb kids own and think they are fast and dont maintain them and expect some other dumb kid to pay a stupid amount for. Your average non car person does not usually use craigslist to sell their car, you would have found a clean quiet ride on autotrader on the cheap. So what if it doesnt have a swap, at least its not a cluster f**ked hackjob

akarobbb

That is an amazing deal! Compared to the ej1, this thing is tons better. Not to mention, you have a clean slate to work with. Everything can be your own. I would at least check this out
I didn't want anything other than an ej1. This is what I finally decided on. All stock, extremely clean.

evilrilla2

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
nice catch, its always better to start from scratch and never buy modified cars.

wazup_74

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
3500 was quite a bit. I would say 2500 was a good price.
Glad you decided on a stock car to build yourself.