Hey CC, remember that Craigslist ad against me? .. Well here's my response ad :)

AlaskaB16

DOING WORK!
Registered VIP
His ad:

http://fairbanks.craigslist.org/cto/3915472152.html

My response ad:

http://fairbanks.craigslist.org/cto/3920759068.html

EDIT: For those of you who missed how this whole thing played out, it started off in the "what did/are you doing today section" and then led to this thread by itself. Here's the back story in a nut shell and a copy & paste of my actual ad (minus the guys real phone #).

On Thursday or Friday of last week, I found a 94 Civic hatch on Craigslist for $1500. I'm on Craigs many times a day and have sold many many civics over the last year+ for usually around $3k-$6k depending on what's been done to them. So, this ad was probably only online for about 5 minutes before I was already at the sellers house beatn' him down to $1300 (They expect that right?). The guy told me there was another guy on his way but "oh well, i'll text him and tell him it's sold".

Fast forward to the next morning: I go to list the car back on craigslist but it's dirty and has two broken tail lights. In the ad i'm asking for $2900 OBO and DO NOT include pics. Not even 30 minutes goes by before I get my first text on the car. He wants to know a few quick details and see some pictures. So I send him a photo and then he blows up on me saying I'm a dirty low life blah blah blah... he could have used that car blah blah blah... then proceeds to post an ad against me on craigslist using a similar title as mine with my picture on it. In his ad he describes me as an "SOB who swooped in and bought the car before he could get there for $1500 and now wants $2500 for it. BUYER BEWARE" he says.

Fast forward another day. I have removed my ad now and am waiting for his post to drop or for him to get some sense and remove his ad. Maybe thinking I sold the car or maybe just don't being a dumb ass anymore. So yesterday I get back on Craigs and that mother F***** BUMPED HIS AD! I couldn't believe it!! I was so pissed off I texted him right there and basically called him an ass hat in a nice way. He quickly called me a piece of sh** and he wants to warn the whole town of Fairbanks what i'm doing. My next reply... "Ok have it your way. You're not going to like what happens next. Keep an eye on craiglist" .... He doesn't text me back this time.

Here's a copy & paste of my ad: (Read below for his response back to me shortly after he read it online)

1994 Honda Civic for sale at a.. Gulp.. PROFIT! SAY IT AINT SO!

Up for sale is my 1994 Honda Civic EG hatchback. It's got 105,600 miles on it and runs pretty dang well. I do have a list of maintenance that was performed, but I haven't gotten a chance to go through it yet. I replaced the broken tail lights, ignition cap and rotor, plugs, plug wires, fuel pump, fuel filter, all fluids, rotated the tires, and just made sure the car was generally in good shape. It probably sat for a long while though given the low miles so it needs a couple miles on her to get the engine back to top form.

I have to warn you though, I am hoping to sell this car at a profit. I recently bought it for less than I'm asking and am currently asking MORE than what I paid for it. Say what? Let me repeat that....

I SAID... I BOUGHT THIS CAR FOR LESS MONEY THAN I AM ASKING IN HOPES THAT I WILL MAKE A PROFIT ON IT. But isn't that was dealerships do? Take your trade in's for ridiculously low prices and then put them on their lots for much higher? ABSOLUTELY! And guess what? I've been doing it for years and years. You want to know something else? Shhhhh.. Don't say this out loud.... I'm not the only one. But keep that to yourself. We don't want this guy (765) (his phone #) finding out that people have been buying low and selling high on Craigslist and making a living doing it. I'm not military. I don't have a free place to live and it's EXPENSIVE to live in this town so we all do what we have to do to survive and make rent. I buy and sell Honda's. It's what I'm good at. I can usually have a non running Honda back in tip top shape in hours and back on Craigslist same day. Does that make me a "piece of ****" like 765-his phone # thinks I am?

Apparently the guy at this phone number (Again, that's 765-his phone #) thinks that i'm a "piece of ****" (as he texted me to let me know) for doing just this. He even made an ad telling people buyer beware because his own life failures prevented him from buying this car before me. Well BOOO HOOOO you little cry baby. Get over yourself. Go ahead and text me again and cry about it some more.

So.. In conclusion, this is a great little car. It was previously for sale at $1500 but I think it's worth $2500 or more. I would sell, trade, or even keep the car as is. Doesn't bother me any which way it goes. For trades, I love Hondas! But be careful, I might RESELL it if you trade it to me so don't get upset if you see it for sale. Is it true if you resell anything on Craigslist for a profit an angel dies? Some people believe that to be true. I'd also consider street bikes for trade. Please no trucks, or non import vehicles for trades. I don't know crap about trucks and prefer to stick to what I know best.

If you like this ad, please let me know... And let the "other guy" know too =)

Thanks Craigslist!! I love you guys! Even the haters. And to the guy who inspired this post. No hard feelings man. I find it odd that after all these years, someone has FINALLY given me an "RE:" ad on Craigslist. If you ask nicely, i'll remove it (or at least remove your phone number).... Maybe ;)

.... Man I hope this post goes viral.. LOL

young_

out on bail
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Nice. Lol he's just mad.

Thumbs up for entertaining sports bikes though :thumbup:

AlaskaB16

DOING WORK!
Registered VIP
I wouldn't have written that ad if he hadn't BUMPED his re: ad. That pissed me off. I was going to let it go but once I saw that, I lost it!

young_

out on bail
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I wouldn't have written that ad if he hadn't BUMPED his re: ad. That pissed me off. I was going to let it go but once I saw that, I lost it!
I don't blame you. He's being a b***h. I've had people sell cars out from under me but it's just the name of the game.

EJackBauer8

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Well played Alaska. I wouldn't want to be in your crosshairs. Tell us what he texts you, and thanks for the laugh.

Osiris19

oilBurner
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Deleted lol

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

TokyoSkies

Boost Junkie
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
:popcorn:

Glad to see this was resolved in a gentlemen-like fashion, and didn't have to come to fisticuffs!

crash!

Avi, pull your socks up.
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Weird. Being a little b***h to being mature. Hmm...

AlaskaB16

DOING WORK!
Registered VIP
I think he was military. They guy I bought the car from said the guy was come from Eielson which is a military base. Would explain his area code. Anytime I get an out of state area code texting me about my cars for sale, I know it's military. Most likely a new recruit who just got to town and needs a car and has a sweet bonus check or a guaranteed auto loan from the base bank =)

I bet he was afraid people would be calling or texting him which may lead to trouble at the base for stirring up trouble with the "locals" as they put it.