HID fog lights

yeevaj

5+ Year Member
does anyone have these on their car. i just need more info on how to upgrade the regular bulb to these.

JohnS.

BANGARANG
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
I have Honda OEM fog lights.
To change the bulbs:
- take the covers off the front bumper
- unscrew 4 screws holding the assembly to the brackets
- pull the fog lights out
- unplug the harness
- unscrew 5 I believe, or 6, screws holding the back plate of the fog light assembly on
- pull cover off exposing the inside of the fog light
- change the bulb like you would your headlight bulb
- reverse process to put everything back together

knivesout

¬ µ ∫ ç π
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Converting your fogs to HID is gonna be a little more involved than that, you're gonna have to figure out where to put the ballasts and wire everything up but it shouldn't be all that difficult.

wetcmonkey

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Converting your fogs to HID is gonna be a little more involved than that, you're gonna have to figure out where to put the ballasts and wire everything up but it shouldn't be all that difficult.
hid bulb wont fit witht he reflection shield you ahve to take it off

yeevaj

5+ Year Member
hid bulb wont fit witht he reflection shield you ahve to take it off
really? i have to take that out...hmmm now how do you take that reflection shield off...and does anyone know how to wire the hid ballast...

Genuine Rolla

Its PETEY PETE, y0!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
no no no...

All 96-00 Civic fog lights take h3 bulbs. You'll need to get either H3 HID bulbs or H3C HID bulbs. The other thing that you're going to have to do, is make the hole that comes out of the back of the fog light housing (for the power and ground wires) bigger so that you can fit all of the HID bulb wiring and whatn0t. Then you'll also have to fill in that hole so that no moisture can get in.

Thats the main thing you have to worry about, is drilling that hole to be a bit bigger to fit the wires through.

ruff_ridaz99

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i second what rolla said too...but then the body shop did it for me since they f**ked up my 1st set..fits nice and no more shortages!