HID low beams can't get highbeams to work

NickBrideau

Hey guys I recently bought HIDs for my 01 civic. When I installed them only the high beams worked. After switching around the negative wires I got the low beam HIDS to work but now my highbeams don't work. Just wondering if there is a way to fix this? A couple of my buddies said I may need a jumper, which I don't know where to get.. Also I want to know if its illegal not to have highbeams in ontario?

Thanks

JeffBel

Registered VIP
Yep make a jumper pretty simple. Take some pictures and I can show you what wires to jump

imbcruz

ItsMeBraulio!!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Hey guys I recently bought HIDs for my 01 civic. When I installed them only the high beams worked. After switching around the negative wires I got the low beam HIDS to work but now my highbeams don't work. Just wondering if there is a way to fix this? A couple of my buddies said I may need a jumper, which I don't know where to get.. Also I want to know if its illegal not to have highbeams in ontario?

Thanks
Did you buy a duel beam hid kit ? Or are you just trying to have your light on with high or low beam being on ? A jumper like the person above mentioned

lethal6

Your Mom's Moderator
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I think you are going to have more of a problem with the h.i.d.s being illegal than if you have a high beam or not.

NickBrideau

Did you buy a duel beam hid kit ? Or are you just trying to have your light on with high or low beam being on ? A jumper like the person above mentioned
It's a duel kit I was more worried about just getting the hids to work than the high beams when I first installed them lol