Hid Please!

hooked_on4

RegularFlush
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I've gone through like 3 altenators and batteries by hooking up aftermarket accessories, so I'm trying to shy away from anything OEM, but I cant help wanting HID's any downside to your electrical system by adding this? I too would love to see the cut off lines on em.

Maybe interested in buying a set

Genuine Rolla

Its PETEY PETE, y0!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
hooked_on4 said:
I've gone through like 3 altenators and batteries by hooking up aftermarket accessories, so I'm trying to shy away from anything OEM, but I cant help wanting HID's any downside to your electrical system by adding this? I too would love to see the cut off lines on em.

What the flip are you adding to your car that could possibly cause you to go through all of that. HID's only run on 35 watts instead of the normal 55/60 that your halogen headlights do...the only time they reallly draw a lot of power is when you turn them on...but thats only for a short period of time.

eghunchback

5+ Year Member
i luv my bi-xenon 8000k kit:D . got it 4 170 free shipping. i don't know y i didn't look into buying hids a long time ago

904g4d

I want boost
5+ Year Member
hooked_on4 said:

Yeah, HID's only draw 35watts. On my Chrysler 300M, the factory halogens use to dim when my bass hits but when I went to 300M special Projector HID's, they no longer did that. HID's produce so much useful light. I will never go back to halogens, I don't know why I don't have them on my civic yet.

hooked_on4

RegularFlush
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Genuine Rolla said:
What the flip are you adding to your car that could possibly cause you to go through all of that. HID's only run on 35 watts instead of the normal 55/60 that your halogen headlights do...the only time they reallly draw a lot of power is when you turn them on...but thats only for a short period of time.
Ehh I think it all went down hill when I had circuit city install my car alarm back in 2000, then in 2002 my buddy learned how to hook up LED lights and we ran a few in my car, that plus my bumps I used to rock have all taken their toll. I know the HID bulbs use less wattage but I didn't know if the ballast use more and convert it to 30 watts. Seems like the way to go even if I don't have projectors.

chadi

chuatZ
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
904g4d said:
I don't know why I don't have them on my civic yet.
because its illegal, i haerd that its a fedral crime now...i too want hids, but dont want getting arrested.